We are hiring a Release Manager in New York to work with our global AWAL team.
You will work closely with external, key partners as well as internal teams across the business, and will be responsible for all aspects of product build, release set up and scheduling to ensure all US Kobalt Music Recordings meet release dates.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers.
This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, R3HAB, Timeflies, The Wombats, Betty Who, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, and Bruno Major.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A RELEASE MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Release Management point person for US signed projects
- Assist Senior Release Manager in day to day running of the department & work closely with global Release Management & Marketing teams
- Onboard new AWAL Recordings clients, communicating all relevant audio, artwork, label copy, video specifications, and timelines
- Collate, manage and store metadata to an excellent standard
- Build digital products from end to end and deliver accurate/approved products to Operations/Supply chain team
- Coordinate production of physical formats and proofread artwork prior to production
- Place manufacturing orders
- Work closely with the VP, Sales and the Physical Production & Distribution Manager on parts deadlines/release dates
- Input all relevant data and assets into Kobalt’s internal release management systems
- Release schedule maintenance
- Register data with third party organisations
- Whitelist SoundCloud and YouTube channels
- Help manage audio security
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years’ experience working in a supply chain or release management role, or other relevant experience in the music industry
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across the business and with external clients and suppliers as required
- Proactive self-starter able to manage own workload and support busy department
- Obsessive attention to detail and good understanding of metadata and assets
- Good working understanding of digital music supply chain and services
- Comfortable working with numbers and IT literate
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.