At AWAL, we’re working with an epic roster of emerging talent as well as more established artists and labels from all over the world. We are grafting to remove all barriers between artists and the A&R teams or store editors that help them take their business to the next level within the AWAL ecosystem.
This position is based in the growing team in London. You’ll be passionate about delivering the latest music industry best practice advice to these developing artists and labels. You’ll be supporting them delivering their releases into the system and in some instances supporting some of the more developed projects alongside the wider AWAL team. You would ideally have a good working understanding or direct experience using digital services and distribution platforms, with a deep passion for music and a client centric mindset with strong communication skills.
WHAT DOES A MEMBER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE DO AT AWAL?
- You serve as the first point of contact for the AWAL Core members on their individual campaigns and release set-up
- You help AWAL artists using in-house tools like our Uploader, the Analytics tools as well as our AWAL app
- You support the artists and labels with the quality control process for their new releases as well as answer questions coming in from the artists on the day to day running of their business
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have working knowledge of the digital music industry, with prior hands-on experience of using digital services and digital distribution platforms
- You have a tech-savvy mind-set having previously worked with ticketing systems (for example with Zendesk as that’s how we stay connected with the client base)
- You are an interpersonal, customer-service focused individual, with strong written and verbal communication
- You recognize importance of being organized and methodical and can demonstrate the ability to manage a large workload in an fast-paced environment with a growing roster of clients
- Genuine love for music and an understanding of how passionate AWAL’s clients are about their projects and what makes artists ‘tick’
WHY CHOOSE US?
At AWAL we’ve prioritized creators since we first started. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Jungle, Gabrielle Aplin, Kim Petras, Little Simz, FINNEAS, The Wombats, Bruno Major, You Me At Six and girl in red.
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.