At AWAL, we’re building the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and changing music landscape. Join us to help create a better music industry and bring the industry into the digital age.
AWAL is looking to hire a Marketing Manager who has hands-on marketing experience and demonstrable experience of developing partnerships, generating content and executing events. The ideal candidate will understand our target audience, be a visionary problem solver and a highly organized project manager. Reporting to the UK Marketing Director, you will work in collaboration with other channel owners to develop marketing campaigns that drive acquisition and enhance member experience.
This is an integral part of the larger marketing team, and the individual will be working closely with organic social media, content, email, events, public relations, design and other internal team members.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, Kobalt has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Steve Angello, Lauv, Nick Cave, The Wombats, Little Simz, Example, Verite, and Tom Misch.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A MARKETING MANAGER DO?
- Day-to-day coordination with stakeholders and suppliers
- Generate content that will drive awareness and a sense of community.
- Assist the Marketing Director with the introduction and execution of brand partnerships
- Research and communicate to a highly relevant audience
- Write and review marketing content
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to maintain a consistent brand voice and message across all content, campaigns and events
- Identify and implement beneficial marketing activities with partner organizations
- Evaluate campaign successes and present back to senior internal stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date with marketing trends and best practices
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Frequent user of social media platforms as well as passionate about marketing, music and the digital landscape
- Events or marketing experience in the music industry (e.g. gig promotion, music journalism)
- Has creative ideas and solutions, and is quick to learn and adapt
- Excellent written and verbal communication with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, contributes under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A self-starting, entrepreneurial mind-set who rolls up sleeves and get work done, even when at times it’s outside the scope of the job
- Not just be an individual contributor, you love helping teammates achieve their own goals too