AWAL Recordings is seeking a talented Marketing Director to lead artist marketing campaigns in hip-hop, rap R&B, dance and pop spaces..
You are an entrepreneur at heart, a mover and shaker who is passionate about music and culture with a natural ability to connect and work creatively with artists.
You are excited about, and driven by, the idea that you will be building your artists from street-level to the global stage – all the while knowing you are empowering them to build sustainable careers.
If you’re keen to be a leader in a record label that is leading the way in the new music business model then we’d love to meet you.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment is for you – apply today and share your story!
WHAT DOES A MARKETING DIRECTOR AT AWAL DO?
- Conceive and implement industry leading marketing campaigns and strategies for AWAL artists
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams ensuring you have a global approach to campaigns
- Commission creative content across campaigns
- Manage marketing budgets
- Set and achieve sales, streaming, playlisting and revenue targets
- Source and manage promo teams
- Work closely with internal teams, including Audience Development, International Marketing, and Release Management as well as external partners
- Work with our Global Commercial Partnerships team to develop market-leading streaming and playlist strategies
- Work closely with our Audience Development team to build audience growth and social media strategies to grow fanbases, maximise engagement and deliver results.
- Analyse performance of releases using AWAL’s market leading analytics tools
- Oversee setup of clients’ physical and digital production
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Track record of leading, developing and executing successful marketing campaigns across hip-hop, R&B, and dance genres.
- The vision to see an artist’s potential, and the ability to develop a plan to take the artist from a local level to the global stage.
- A solid understanding of the modern artist and audience development process
- Leading buzz marketing campaigns using influencer and meme culture marketing tactics
- Knowledge of current music marketing campaigns, including digital innovations and digital marketing and promotion opportunities
- Creative and innovative outlook
- Experience working with artists and managers
- Ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to network with clients and industry contacts
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a progressive and creative attitude