We’re seeking an experienced Rights Manager to join the growing AWAL team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Rights Management, this role sits within the global Digital Operations & Supply Chain function and is responsible for ensuring our clients’ repertoire is set up and correctly monetised across the various UGC platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Dubset and Mixcloud.
The successful candidate should have a good understanding of the user generated content landscape and an ability to communicate its complexities to a non-technical audience. The role will need to interface regularly with a variety of colleagues across the global AWAL business and be comfortable engaging directly with select artist, management and label clients around time sensitive and high priority issues. It’s extremely helpful if you have experience managing operational relationships, familiarity with copyright infringement workflows across audio and video platforms, working with DDEX standards and operating as part of a global support team servicing colleagues in different timezones.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, RIGHTS MANAGEMENT AT KOBALT DO?
- Monitor content deliveries to UGC platforms and ensure AWAL repertoire is successfully ingested and monetised
- Interface with other labels and distributors to resolve issues around ownership and availability
- Manage the operational relationships with a selection of our digital partners, with a focus on UGC
- Handle business requests for rights and policy updates
- Track and resolve copyright infringement and streaming abuse cases that pertain to AWAL repertoire across all digital platforms
- Own service-level documentation and internal best practice guidelines for select UGC platforms
- Identify opportunities for workflow improvements, partnering with Product & Tech where relevant to implement supporting tools
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- At least three years’ experience in a Digital Operations, Supply Chain or Rights Administration role working with user generated content platforms,or similar at a relevant DSP
- Good relationship management skills, with the ability to interface between partners, internal client-facing teams and artist, manager or label clients
- Team player with a customer-focussed approach
- Awareness of digital metadata standards and style guides
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to a non-technical audience
- Experience with reviewing and troubleshooting XML in DDEX ERN format
- Familiarity with workflows and industry norms around copyright infringement and streaming abuse
- Expertise with Google Suite, especially Google Sheets, is preferred
- Bonus points for experience with the YouTube CMS, API or an understanding of MCN best practices