We’re looking for an experienced Manager, Digital Content Operations to join the expanding AWAL team. The Manager, Digital Content Operations ensures music gets from the artist to the fan.
Through the early stages of release submission to seeing the release live on all major platforms, content operations plays a role all along the way. The Manager, Digital Content Operations will oversee product QC and approvals, monitoring deliveries and ingestion, and will be across all multi-departmental communication surrounding operational concerns.
Alongside facilitating the needs of the artists, the Manager, Digital Content Operations must ensure we are able to uphold both internal and external metadata standards and be integral in any operational improvements. This will include, but is not limited to: documentation, training seminars, software change requests, and input into improving current workflows and processes.
Working out of the New York office, the role will center around providing industry leading support for our North American operations, as well as playing a pivotal role in our larger, globally run campaigns.
As part of the Content Operations team you will:
- Provide dedicated, local time-zone Digital Ops support for North America-based AWAL teams for the release of N.A.-managed artists and products across all digital outlets and channels
- Ensure operational success of AWAL N.A.’s release schedule distribution, frontline DSP campaigns, and global digital content availability
- Act as single-point of contact and ownership for N.A. teams for all AWAL Digital Operations support needs
- Provide premium artist service level support (activities TBC)
- Validate, QC, and set up new N.A.-managed digital products for digital distribution, ensuring best practices and standards are met; manage product update requests and complex release requirements
- Ensure accurate, optimal digital distribution of N.A.-managed releases and perform timely issue management when needed
- Perform digital operations education, training, and on-going learning support for N.A. teams (Marketing, Artist & Label Development, Release Management)
- Continually improve and develop digital operations processes to best support AWAL North America’s needs, aligning with overall AWAL digital ops best practices and workflows
- Be an expert in AWAL’s digital operations, content management, and DSP distribution practices
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To become a successful Manager, Digital Content Operations you’ll need a mix of technical, communicative and problem solving skills. The job requires you to be communicative, proactive, and find on-the-spot solutions. Each artist project you will work on will come with its own nuances, and you will be expected to adapt, ensuring artists releases are successfully and timely delivered and monitored. The role will be heavily independent and it is essential that the individual is confident in working both individually and collaboratively. Specific skill sets and attributes we are looking for include:
- 3 – 5 years in Digital Content Operations or similar role
- Mid to Advanced understanding of music metadata standards and best practices
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical audiences regarding complex metadata issues
- Experience working with content management systems (iTunes Connect and Spotify preferred)
- Able to confidentiality troubleshoot/problem solve, as an individual as well as collaboratively within a team
- Be able to work independently and confidently in periods of minimal departmental support
- Experience with command line tools & video encoding software, in particular iTunes Transporter & Adobe Encoder preferable
- A love of music, operations, and digital technology
- An ethos of continual improvement and passion for improving workflows and processes
- Skilled at building collaborative relationships within the team and wider AWAL stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and critically assess the importance of different day-to-day requests and needs
- Experience educating users in best practices and workflows
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.