AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music.
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Little Simz, A$AP TyY, Lauren Jauregui, ICECOLDBISHOP, Serena Isioma, and Samm Henshaw, as well as girl in red, Dayglow, Jungle, Tom Misch and many more.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we’re continuing to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team.
As Manager, Artist Marketing / Hip Hop and R&B, you will work closely with a diverse roster of artists to set up, execute and deliver industry leading, innovative marketing campaigns. You will work closely with teams in the US, UK and internationally to lead planning and project management, and work with the team to drive global marketing campaigns. Additional responsibilities will include budgeting, data analysis, scheduling and reporting. You will manage cross communication with commerce, promotion, audience development, synch, brand partnership and publicity teams. You will be a point of contact with artists and management partners. You are a self-motivated strategic thinker; detail oriented and organized project manager; problem solver and a passionate marketer with the proven ability to multitask who has a desire to grow into a leading marketing role within the music industry.
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, ARTIST MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
- Maintain a roster of artists as the lead marketing point person
- Initiate project management and ideation of creative marketing campaigns for a diverse roster of artists
- Assist in managing marketing campaign budgets, release scheduling, communication, reporting, invoicing and problem solving
- Collaborate with A&R, audience development, digital accounts, synch, publicity, commerce, and promotion teams to develop artists and grow existing careers
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams
- Regularly communicate with external parties and maintain a high level of relationship management
- Manage relationships with external brand and marketing partners
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years experience in a music marketing role, with a focus on Hip Hop and R&B
- Previous experience working at a record label is preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of current music marketing campaigns
- Good familiarity of digital, social and viral marketing within the music space
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Music Connect, Mediabase, Chartmetric and other industry information systems
AWAL is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.