AWAL is looking for an experienced and motivated B2B Label Manager to be based in our London headquarters. In this role, you will be responsible for a roster of high profile relationships for label clients, driving creativity, strategy, operational efficiency, visibility and value.
At AWAL we’re doing things differently and are well placed to make the most of the changing face of the industry. Your role managing some of the hottest label properties, in a cutting-edge team will be an exciting challenge.
It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole and particularly within the label management team where we’re really proud to be looking after so many of the best emerging and established artists and labels. At AWAL we’re doing things differently and are well placed to make the most of the changing face of the industry. Your role managing some of the hottest properties, in a cutting-edge team will be an exciting challenge.
Founded in 2004, AWAL is the trusted partner of independent artists and labels globally, from new artists at the beginning of their career to global successes. With local offices across the world, AWAL offers services such as distribution, YouTube monetization, playlist promotion, member support from industry experts, and real-time data analytics through the AWAL Portal and App. Our client roster includes both established and emerging artists such as Moby, Placebo, Chip, Gabrielle Aplin, Todd Terje, Tom Misch, R3hab and Vérité, and labels including Lex, B3SCI, Chrysalis Records, Marathon Artists, Kid Coconut, Independiente and mau5trap.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A B2B LABEL MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
Reporting to the Senior Director of Label Management in the UK, your main focus will be to represent a core roster or AWAL’s key B2B client partnerships to drive strategy, visibility, revenue and relationships. You’ll work closely with teams globally to achieve these goals and drive growth for AWAL and our clients.
- Manage a roster of priority label clients across both digital and physical supply chains.
- Work in tandem with international label managers on defined high profile partnerships.
- Support these clients with distribution, release planning, prioritisation and marketing advice & best practice working in tandem with internal teams as needed.
- Onboard new clients in tandem with A&R, BA and integrations.
- In tandem with management regularly review and audit rosters, offering insight to those partners that should be upstreamed for broader services and to streamline workflow to current priorities.
- Mentor more junior team members as required and act as a buddy to new staff as the AWAL team expands.
- Provide reporting and feedback to line managers and executives as required.
- Represent AWAL at artist showcases & gigs, plus relevant industry conferences and events
- Continually strive to offer ideas for improvement, development and entrepreneurship across your own role and that of the team.
- Passionate about music, with minimum 3 years experience as a B2B label manager or in product management within distributor or label services company.
- Excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution, supply chain and DSP processes.
- Excellent understanding of the needs of labels in order to schedule and maximise their release campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Flexible, adaptable and strategic thinker, able to communicate effectively with internal & external stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of international industry landscape is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding/experience of digital music marketing and promotion would be an advantage.
- Understanding of physical supply chain and distribution is highly desirable.
- The role will involve daily working with international based contacts, especially North America – some international travel may be required in the course of this role, as is flexibility for out of hours working.