As a Junior Marketing Manager at AWAL, you will assist and support Marketing Directors on campaign strategies for a diverse roster of artists.
You will work closely with marketing teams in the US, Canada, UK and an international team based in the UK to provide operational support, assist in project planning and management, and synchronize global marketing campaigns.
Additional responsibilities will include budgeting, referencing information systems, scheduling and reporting as well as managing cross-communication with A&R, commerce, creative, promotion, audience development, sync, brand partnership and publicity teams.
You are the backup point of communication with artist and artist management partners and to be successful in the role, you are a self-motivated strategic thinker, detail oriented and an organized project manager. You are also a keen problem solver and passionate about artist marketing with the proven ability to multi-task and have a desire to grow into a lead Marketing role within the music industry.
WHAT DOES A JUNIOR MANAGER, MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
- Support Marketing Directors in the areas of project management and ideation of creative marketing campaigns for a diverse roster of artists
- Assist in managing marketing campaign budgets, release scheduling, communication, reporting, invoicing and problem solving
- Collaborate with A&R, commerce, creative, promotion, audience development, , sync, brand partnership and publicity teams to develop artists and grow existing careers
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with global marketing teams
- Regularly communicate with external parties and maintain a high level of relationship management
- Manage relationships with external brand and marketing partners
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a marketing role in music (label experience preferred), or other entertainment industries (e.g. film, TV and fashion) with understanding and knowledge of the current music landscape and general awareness of marketing campaigns
- Good familiarity of digital, social and viral marketing within the music space
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills
- Basic level of Photoshop and graphic design skill is desirable
- Is proactive and has a high level of attention to detail