AWAL, Kobalt’s Recordings Division is looking to hire a highly organised, self-driven and detail-oriented Executive Assistant to support the President of AWAL as well as the AWAL A&R team in our London office.
The successful candidate will have previous executive-level support experience in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment as well as a track record of managing ever-changing schedules and conflicting priorities.
The President manages a range of teams driving AWAL’s recorded music business and extensive roster of clients. The A&R team works creatively with new and established artists. This role will be expected to gain a good understanding of these business functions and help with projects and any issues as they occur.
As a natural extension of the supported executives in their day-to-day activity you will need to be an excellent organiser and communicator, able to build a trustworthy relationship among internal teams and external contacts.
AWAL is the Recordings division of Kobalt, and provides a range of marketing, distribution and other services to artists and labels, empowering recording owners whilst enabling them to retain ownership and control of their masters. AWAL works with more than 12,000 clients and our roster includes artists such as Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Kooks, Tom Misch, Bruno Major, The Wombats, David Gray, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Little Simz and LAUV, and labels including Glassnote, B-Unique, Lex, First Access, Downtown and Chrysalis.
Working at Kobalt, you will help empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT DOES AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AT AWAL DO?
- Assist with management reports, presentations and documents using Excel, KeyNote & PowerPoint
- Provide the bridge for smooth communication among internal & external teams; maintaining credibility, confidentiality, trust and support
- Help to manage external relationships
- Calendar management & meeting coordination
- Processing PO’s, invoices & expenses as well as manage domestic and global travel arrangements
- Data and business research, compiling special reports & organize data
- Handle meeting minutes & agendas, update shared documents, create reports & coordinate office and admin requirements for the wider team as required
- Manage A&R administration tasks such as deal management processes and coordinating recording sessions
- Handle some A&R enquiries
- Work closely with the wider teams to arrange meetings, manage guest lists and organise events as needed
- Work on ad-hoc projects and support other managers in the functions
YOU WILL IDEALLY HAVE…
…at least 2-3 years’ experience working in a supporting role working at senior level
…a deeper understanding and interest in the music industry as well as all things tech and digital – business studies or MBA background is desirable
…exceptional organisational skills with the ability to take initiative, manage a changing schedule and manage competing priorities without losing anything in the shuffle
…crisis and issue management experience and project management skills
…prior experience coordinating international travel and planning across multiple time-zones
…strong written and verbal communication skills
…ability to deal with colleagues at all levels of the organization
…experience with PowerPoint/Keynote and Excel
…very strong attention to detail
Although music industry background is not essential, you may be working for in artist management, a record label or distributor but most important is that you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a friendly, client-focused mindset as well as an enthusiastic & results-oriented attitude.