AWAL is looking for a flexible, confident and highly organised International Marketing Director, based out of our London office. Reporting to the General Manager, the role will involve working directly with our artists, managers and label clients and alongside our network of International Marketing Managers, distribution partners and licensees to plan.
This is an exciting time to be joining AWAL, Kobalt’s Recordings division, and to be successful in the role, we need a confident, skilled international marketer who can build and deliver successful and innovative international campaigns, driving projects through the company worldwide.
Adding to your international network of contacts, you will also be build long lasting relationships with our international partners.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lauv, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Bruno Major, Neneh Cherry as well as leading independent labels such as Glassnote and Downtown.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 11 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES DIRECTOR, INTERNATIONAL MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
- Work closely with your roster of AWAL Recordings artists and label clients to construct & Implement Global Marketing Plans & Strategies
- Manage territorial budgets & set sales/streaming targets with international partners
- Work closely with and drive our global network of Marketing Managers and distribution partners to deliver top-grade results
- Bring innovation and creativity to campaigns
- Communicate release information and pitching materials to the Digital Accounts Team and set playlist targets and strategies
- Generate campaign reports and analyse streaming data to identify trends and opportunities
- Oversee the collection of initial stock orders, promotional items, and sales figures from our international network
- Work with team to schedule promo trips and phoner schedules
- Build and maintain good working relationships with AWAL’s International network of label managers, distribution partners, licensees, and promo companies
- Distribute assets & tools to the international teams
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the International Department of a record label or distributor
- A deep understanding of International markets, retail, digital & media outlets is essential
- Experience working closely with artists & managers
- You must be highly organised & able to prioritise and have an interest in data & analytics
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with international partners
When preparing your application, please include in your cover letter what recent music marketing initiatives or campaigns you’ve found interesting and why.