We are hiring a Director, Global Commercial Partnerships to join AWAL in Los Angeles. Reporting to the SVP, Global Commercial Partnerships, North America, the Director will cultivate and strengthen relationships with editorial, marketing and label relations teams at streaming services in the US.
This role will contribute to the overall digital release strategy and work closely with the international Global Commercial Partnerships team in addition to the AWAL Artist Marketing, Artist Development, and B2B teams.
We are looking for a hard-working self-starter with excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate has existing relationships with streaming services and a strong knowledge of the playlist and streaming environment. You may be working for record label, streaming service, digital aggregator or distributor and have experience in DSPs, with a solid track record of building trustworthy relationships with digital service providers.
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR, GLOBAL COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIPS AT AWAL DO?
- Manage day-to-day relationships with DSPs
- Build account presentations and procurement of playlisting and platform visibility
- Develop and implement playlisting strategies
- Collaborate with AWAL Artist Marketing, Artist Development, B2B, and Artist Management teams to execute successful artist campaigns across the DSP spectrum
- Communicate DSP updates, changes and best practices as well as streaming, playlisting and streaming results across the AWAL organization
- Regularly run and utilize data analysis, including forecasting
- Review key campaigns for best practices integration across the artist roster
- Prepare and distribute pitch submission forms to multiple digital partners
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience working in the music industry within digital accounts
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and the digital account landscape
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks and priorities
- Strong understanding of digital supply chain
- Knowledge of CMS’s & experience with rules of the DSP’s
- Knowledge of best practices for various accounts & retailers regarding marketing, operations and programming
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines
- Understanding of industry best practices for various accounts & retailers, marketing and operational front
- Existing relationships within the DSP landscape
Why choose us?
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras ,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), and many more!
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.