We are hiring a Director, Digital Accounts to join AWAL in Los Angeles. Reporting to the VP, Digital Accounts North America, the Director will cultivate and strengthen relationships with editorial, marketing and label relations teams at streaming services in the US. This role will contribute to the overall digital release strategy and work closely with the global AWAL Digital Accounts team in addition to the AWAL Marketing Directors and the Label Management teams.
We are looking for a hard-working self-starter with excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate has existing relationships with streaming services and a strong knowledge of the playlist and streaming environment. You may be working for record label, streaming service, digital aggregator or distributor and have experience in digital accounts as well as a solid track-record of building trustworthy relationships with digital service providers. (break into two sentences).
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, R3HAB, Timeflies, The Wombats, Betty Who, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, and Bruno Major.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR, DIGITAL ACCOUNTS AT AWAL DO?
- Manage day-to-day relationships with Digital Accounts’ client relations teams
- Build account presentations and procurement of playlisting and store visibility
- Develop and implement playlisting strategies
- Collaborate with AWAL Artist Marketing, Label Management, B2B, and Artist Management teams to execute successful artist campaigns across the digital accounts’ spectrum
- Communicate digital account updates, changes and best practices across the AWAL organization
- Communicate streaming, play-listing and digital sales and streaming results throughout the AWAL organization
- Regularly run and utilize data analysis, including forecasting
- Review key campaigns for best practices integration across the roster
- Prepare and distribute pitch submission forms to multiple digital partners
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 7+ years’ experience working in the music industry, with 4+ years of digital account experience
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and the digital account landscape
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks and priorities
- Strong understanding of digital supply chain
- Knowledge of CMS’s & experience with rules of the DSP’s
- Knowledge of best practices for various accounts & retailers regarding marketing, operations and programming
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines
- Understanding of industry best practices for various accounts & retailers, marketing and operational front
- Existing relationships within the digital account landscape