As Director of Audience Development (aka Digital Marketing), you will lead the ideation and implementation of digital marketing campaigns for a diverse roster of AWAL artists with the clear objectives of identifying, engaging and growing audience & fan communities via digital channels.
You will additionally be responsible for cross communication with the broader Marketing, A&R, Global Commercial Partnerships, Promotion, Sync & Licensing, and Publicity teams.
You must have an innate understanding and passion for all digital and social media platforms and best practices, a proven track record of leading global high-priority campaigns, and business relationships across the industry. You are a highly motivated strategic thought leader, problem solver, effective communicator, creative marketer and have experience working autonomously to deliver world class results.
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR, AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT AT AWAL DO?
- Lead your own digital marketing campaigns for a roster of artists
- Create and manage digital marketing campaign budgets
- Work with external Agency vendors to manage paid digital media campaigns
- Identify emerging technologies and communicate best practices across departments
- Facilitate the creation of digital marketing materials including short form video / social media video, animated gifs, etc.
- Direct and provide best practices for artist Social Media campaigns
- Mentor your colleagues
- Conduct inter-departmental communication
- Manage relationships with digital and social media platform partners
- Conduct data analysis
- Monitor, analyze, and report on artist social media and audience/fan growth
- Post on social media channels as needed
- Oversee and/or delegate the creation of tracking links
- Drive strategy of digital marketing plans and artist promotional schedules
- Manage applicable purchase orders and invoices
- Create and compile weekly data/reports as needed
- Verify metadata mapping across Digital Accounts / DSPs as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience working in digital marketing within the music industry with in depth knowledge of the digital space and social platforms
- Passion for emerging technologies, trends and social media platforms
- Familiarity with digital asset creation and/or editing is highly welcome
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Strong organizational and creative skills
- Familiar with multiples genres within music and pop culture
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment, work autonomously and remain confidential
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. AWAL, Kobalt’s recording company, is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system. AWAL is the partner for leading artists and labels including Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras,,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, , Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), Blue Raincoat Music / Chrysalis (Sinead O’Connor, The Specials), and many more!