We’re looking for a talented, creative and dynamic Audience Development Director with deep knowledge and hands on experience leading Hip Hop and R&B digital marketing campaigns.
Based out of our Los Angeles office and reporting to the Global Head Of Audience Development, you will be working closely with our US marketing and A&R teams as well as our UK-based marketing and international counterparts. As a resident digital strategy expert, you will be responsible for conceiving and executing best-in-class digital marketing campaigns and initiatives working across multiple platforms to grow audiences & followers as well as maximize engagement for a roster of AWAL Recordings artists.
The top candidate is passionate about, and has a detailed understanding of digital marketing, content and influencer strategy within Hip Hop, R&B and Alt-Pop music communities.
WHAT DOES AN AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Conceive and lead industry-leading digital marketing initiatives; social media strategies, using experience and expertise to formulate original and ground-breaking ideas
- Run digital health checks at the outset of campaigns, advise clients on how to optimize their online channels and profiles
- Source and develop strategic relationships with influencers across social media and YouTube
- Drive digital and social media best practices through the company
- Manage relationships with digital and social media platform partners
- Create and manage digital marketing campaign budgets
- Work with external Agency vendors to manage paid digital media campaigns
- Identify emerging technologies and communicate best practices across departments
- Facilitate the creation of digital marketing materials including short form video / social media video, animated gifs, etc.
- Conduct data analysis
- Monitor, analyze, and report on artist social media and audience/fan growth
- Drive strategy of digital marketing plans and artist promotional schedules
- Create and compile weekly data/reports as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years’ experience working in digital marketing for Hip Hop and R&B artists
- Experience working closely with artists and managers, digital platforms, and Digital Marketing in the music industry as well as a track record of leading, developing and executing successful digital marketing campaigns across Hip-Hop and R&B
- Proven track record in building social numbers and followers
- A keen eye for cutting edge, engaging creative content
- An understanding of dynamic cultural trends in social media
- Organized self-starter with the capacity to manage an often intense workload and work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent management and communication skills at all levels is key
- Presence as well as ambition to continuously improve and with a drive to approach each campaign with enthusiasm and innovative/creative mind-set
- Passion for emerging technologies, trends and social media platforms
- In depth knowledge of the digital space and social platforms
- Familiarity with digital asset creation and/or editing is highly welcome
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Strong organizational and creative skills
- Familiar with multiples genres within music and pop culture
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment and work autonomously
AWAL is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.