We’re looking for a talented, creative and dynamic Audience Development Director to join the AWAL Recordings team and work with our incredible and growing roster of UK, US and International artists.
Based out of the AWAL offices in Kings Cross, and reporting to the Global Head Of Audience Development, you will be working closely with our UK Marketing, International and A&R teams as well as our US-based marketing and Audience Development counterparts.
As a resident digital strategy expert, you will be responsible for conceiving and executing best-in-class digital campaigns and initiatives working across multiple platforms to grow audiences & followers as well as maximise engagement for new and developing AWAL Recordings artists.
The top candidate is passionate about, and has a detailed understanding of digital marketing, content and influencer strategy within a diverse array of music genres and audience segments.
WHAT DOES AN AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR AT AWAL DO?
- Educate and inspire the label, artists and managers around digital opportunities
- Use knowledge of existing platforms to accelerate audience growth & engagement
- Lead creative thinking to deliver PR-worthy ideas and industry firsts
- Identify emerging platforms and establish how we should engage with them
- Deepen relationships with digital partners and generate partnership opportunities
- Build and develop relationships with artists, managers and business stakeholders
- Lead the pitching of ideas to artist teams and provide ongoing strategic consultancy
- Manage direct reports and develop talent
- Run digital health checks at the outset of campaigns, advise artists on how to optimise their online channels and profiles
- Source and develop strategic relationships with influencers across social media and YouTube
- Drive digital best practices through the company
- Manage and develop relationships with digital platforms
- Facilitate the creation of digital marketing materials.
- Monitor, analyse, and report on artist social media and audience/fan growth
- Drive strategy of audience development marketing and creative content plans
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 6+ years’ experience working in digital marketing within the music industry, either at a label, management company or digital agency.
- Experience working closely with artists and managers, digital platforms, and digital marketing in the music industry as well as a proven track record of leading, developing and executing successful digital marketing campaigns across all genres of music.
- Skilled at setting measurable goals, strategies and tactics in a pragmatic and creative manner.
- Skilled at devising and driving new initiatives and tactics through a team and company.
- Experience in connecting project stakeholders together both locally and internationally.
- Arrives with an extensive network of contacts and relationships that will benefit AWAL and its artists.
- Someone who identifies problems and delivers solutions.
- An inspiring person who has the ability to upskill their colleagues in the digital space.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills with the tact, gravitas, situational awareness to deal with people at all levels of business.
- Confident meeting and presenting to artist management and external partners.
- Maintains a positive mindset under challenging circumstances and a self-starter who inspires others to push our campaign execution to a high-level.
- Passionate about the intersection of culture, technology, music and the Internet.
- Proven track record in building social numbers and followers
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment and work autonomously
- Ability to remain confidential.