We’re looking for a Coordinator, Content Operations to join this expanding team within AWAL’s Digital Operations department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the quality of our release deliveries, ensuring our metadata is best in class. Experience with digital service metadata requirements and content management systems is required. An obsessive eye for detail and encyclopedic knowledge across a variety of genres would be a definite plus too!
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL.
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters.Leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Lauv, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Omar Apollo and Little Simz, as well as labels like Glassnote, B-Unique, 30th Century and Chess Club.
We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by Kobalt’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES COORDINATOR, CONTENT OPERATIONS AT AWAL DO?
- QC audio release submissions in accordance with partner metadata specifications.
- Provide structured feedback for client-facing teams when releases fail checks.
- Carry out metadata updates as required across the AWAL catalogue.
- Contribute to internal Content Operations documentation, including up-to-date DSP best practices and metadata style guide.
- Work with client-facing teams to develop tools and resources to increase first time success rate for uploaded content.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a Content Operations, Digital Supply Chain or similar role at a label or distributor.
- Good knowledge of music metadata in a digital distribution context, particularly the iTunes and Spotify style guides.
- Experience working with content management systems (iTunes Connect and Spotify preferred).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Passion for a range of musical genres with bonus points for Classical or Bollywood knowledge.