We are hiring a Community Support Associate in New York to join the global AWAL team.
The Associate will work alongside the Community Support Team in London. The ideal candidate is looking to deliver the very latest music industry best practice advice and education, as well as take part in launching more great tools to help AWAL members build a successful career in music.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global, fully integrated release campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Snoh Aalegra, Kim Petras, Cold War Kids, Deadmau5, Little Simz, Omar Apollo, Bruno Major, Steve Lacy and many more!
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing! If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COMMUNITY SUPPORT ASSOCIATE AT AWAL DO?
- Serve as the first point of contact for AWAL members on their individual campaigns and release set up
- Support artists in developing and understanding their careers by using in-house tools: Uploader, Analytics tools and the AWAL app
- Educate artists, labels, and their teams about industry best practices, release scheduling, digital music service knowledge, and more
- Liaise with dealmakers to help on-board priority projects and flag priority releases from artists to the digital accounts team for playlist consideration
- Provide input for implementation of new client-facing tools to launch, as well as looking after the development of resources including the AWAL blog, the Knowledge Base and changes to the platform
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 1-2+ years’ experience in a customer support role, ideally within a creative company/industry
- Knowledge of the digital music industry, with prior experience using digital services and their backends
- Excellent customer support and client facing skills
- Experience using Zendesk or other ticketing systems is desired
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Established organization skills and an ability to manage a large workload in an evolving environment with a fast-growing roster of clients
- Genuine love for music!