AWAL, Kobalt’s digital distribution and label services company, is looking for an enthusiastic, highly efficient, and accurate Client Royalties & Administration Manager to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within our Artist and Label Services department.
Joining a highly collaborative team, the Client Royalties & Administration Manager will manage all client accounting across an important segment of our client base.
To be successful in the role, you will need to understand mechanicals, performance and broadcast, digital and physical distribution and licensing as well as being familiar with different types of recording deals, marketing budgets, physical record costs and royalty accounting systems.
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Vérité, Tom Misch and Ray BLK.
WHAT DOES A CLIENT ROYALTIES & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Take responsibility and ownership over key deals being the main point of contact for those clients’ reporting queries
- Entering and maintaining client contact, agreement and payment information in our internal & bespoke royalty system
- Managing the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing bespoke, intelligent data analysis
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years Royalty Accounting experience with a great understanding of the record industry, working with high-profile clients & with a track-record of providing excellent customer service
- Highly numerate and IT literate (Advanced Excel & SQL is desirable)
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure as well as prioritise to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external 3rd parties
- Possess high analytical skills, ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker & good decision maker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and results-oriented attitude