Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the VP, Client Relations, the Client Relationship Manager will be the first point of contact for the label client roster and responsible for identifying & signing new label clients as well as coordinating their onboarding.
The role will support the team in delivery of a client retention strategy, implementing new initiatives such as system or policy changes as well as work to promote the company’s Neighbouring Rights’ services by attending conferences and other industry events.
This is a hybrid home & office-based role requiring a driven individual with an analytical & detail-oriented mind-set as well as an ability to explain complex systems.
WHAT DOES A CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER, LABEL COLLECTIONS AT KNR DO?
- Identify prospective NR label clients, work with the team to identify potential value and negotiate terms
- Deal with incoming queries from current clients
- Communicate regularly with clients on any issues or queries relating to their repertoire
- Monitor & review financial receipts to identify ways to increase future collections from CMOs
- Deliver a strategy for client retention through developing and maintaining relationships with clients
- Maintain a thorough understanding of CMO issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
- Liaise with the Business Affairs team to ensure that proposals and long form agreements are produced in a timely manner to maintain momentum in signing new clients
- Travel as required to meet business needs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication & social skills
- Previous experience in a business development/client acquisition role, ideally selling services to record labels.
- Good Excel skills
- Comfortable working with numbers, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- A proactive but pragmatic approach to evaluations, forecasts and airplay trends
- Ability to prioritise work & work independently
- Good time management & organisational skills
- Ability to take initiative and drive things forward