We are hiring an Associate Director, Global Commercial Partnerships to join AWAL in Toronto. Reporting to the Head of Canada, the Associate Director will cultivate and strengthen relationships with editorial, marketing and label relations teams at streaming services in Canada. This role will contribute to the overall digital release strategy and work closely with the international and North American Global Commercial Partnerships team in addition to the AWAL Artist Marketing, Artist Development, and B2B teams.
We are looking for a hard-working self-starter with excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate has existing relationships with streaming services and a strong knowledge of the playlist and streaming environment. You may be working for record label, streaming service, digital aggregator or distributor and have experience in DSPs, with a solid track record of building trustworthy relationships with digital service providers.
WHAT DOES AN ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, GLOBAL COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIPS AT AWAL DO?
- Manage day-to-day relationships with DSPs
- Build account presentations and procurement of playlisting and platform visibility
- Develop and implement playlisting strategies
- Collaborate with AWAL Artist Marketing, Artist Development, B2B, and Artist Management teams to execute successful artist campaigns across the DSP spectrum
- Communicate DSP updates, changes and best practices as well as streaming, playlisting and streaming results across the AWAL organization
- Regularly run and utilize data analysis, including forecasting
- Review key campaigns for best practices integration across the artist roster
- Prepare and distribute pitch submission forms to multiple digital partners
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience working in the music industry within digital account with existing relationships within the DSP landscape
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and the digital account landscape
- Knowledge of CMS’s & experience with rules of the DSP’s as well as a strong understanding of digital supply chain
- Knowledge of best practices for various accounts & retailers regarding marketing, operations and programming
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Attention to detail and deadline driven with strong organizational skills with ability to adapt to shifting priorities
Why choose us?
AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras ,Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons), and many more!
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
What members of the team say:
“What I like about working for AWAL/Kobalt is how truly collaborative everyone is. Ideas are always encouraged, whether it is your area of expertise or not! My colleagues are constantly striving to be better, which inspires me to want to be the best at what I do.” – Hannah Beeching, Manager, Global Commercial Partnerships
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.