As Associate Director, Artist Development, you will represent a roster of AWAL’s key developing Artists with a focus on R&B/Hip Hop to drive visibility, revenue and relationships while adding value and marketing expertise to their campaigns. Your focus will be on North America based projects and you will be responsible for all administrative and operational tasks associated with your Artist Development portfolio. We expect our Artist Development Team to work in close collaboration with A&R teams to identify and develop priority artists and releases
AWAL has revolutionized the recording business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do and transforming the way artists release music. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a comprehensive global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to achieve success while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include girl in red, Jungle, Dayglow, JVKE, Little Simz, Gus Dapperton, Lizzy McAlpine, Lauren Jauregui and many more.
AWAL is currently over 150 people based across 10 offices and we’re continuing to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you – share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the best addition to our successful team
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN AN ARTIST AND AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT ROLE?
- Manage a roster of priority R&B/Hip Hop artist clients through the early stages of their career helping them to establish and grow their audience
- Lead the client on-boarding process in collaboration with A&R, integrations and other teams where necessary
- Perform all necessary operational tasks required to ingest, QC and deliver content to all streaming partners
- Provide advice, support, analysis and best practices with release planning, scheduling, and submission of pitch materials and updates
- Provide in-depth data analysis, marketing strategy and digital health checks where required
- Manage and Administer budgets used for asset creation, PR, Radio, Advertising and Audience Development where required
- Liaise with the Digital Account Management team for representation and submission of priority projects to the digital music services for playlisting and placements
- Compile and provide reporting and feedback to both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with senior management and A&R to regularly review and audit rosters, offering insight to those partners that should be up streamed for broader services and to streamline workflow to current priorities
- Continually strive to offer ideas for improvement, development and entrepreneurship across your own role and that of the team
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years’ experience working closely with artists and managers across R&B/Hip Hop
- You have experience in a label or product management role within a progressive label or distributor and can demonstrate excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution as well as DSP processes
- Organized self-starter with the capacity to manage an often-intense workload and work in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Strong organizational and creative skills
- You also have experience or a working understanding of digital music marketing and promotion
- You build and nurture internal and external relationships at all levels and can demonstrate an understanding of the needs of artists and labels for building and maximizing their release campaigns
- You are a flexible, adaptable and strategic thinker with the ability to remain highly organized and efficiently structure and prioritize your workload
AWAL is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.