We’re looking for an Assistant Manager, Content Operations specialist to join this critical function within AWAL’s Digital Operations & Supply Chain team.
You’ll be responsible for getting our repertoire ready for release on streaming platforms, running the rule over new frontline submissions and catalogue products alike, as well as maintaining excellent operational relationships with our priority partner.
You’ll be comfortable dealing with large volumes of content and have an innate passion for debating the finer points of digital release metadata. AWAL is already an Apple Preferred partner and a Recommended Label Distributor at Spotify, come and help us be even better.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists and label release music through AWAL.
Whether an artist or label is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers alongside forward thinking and innovative labels. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lauv, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Bruno Major, Neneh Cherry as well as leading independent labels such as Glassnote and Downtown.
We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by Kobalt’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES ASSISTANT MANAGER, CONTENT OPERATIONS AT AWAL DO?
- QC release submissions in accordance with partner metadata specifications.
- Provide structured feedback for client-facing teams when releases fail checks.
- Carry out product metadata updates as required across the AWAL catalogue.
- Work with Product and Digital Supply Chain teams to continually review and optimise QC processes with a view to scale.
- Contribute to internal Content Operations documentation, including up-to-date DSP best practices and metadata style guide.
- Conduct monthly performance review, including analysis of our iTunes Provider Scorecard.
- Work with client-facing teams to develop tools and resources to increase first time success rate for uploaded content.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in a Content Operations or Digital Supply Chain role, reviewing incoming content.
- Good knowledge of music metadata in a digital distribution context, particularly the iTunes and Spotify style guides.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical audiences regarding complex metadata issues.
- Experience working with content management systems (iTunes Connect and Spotify preferred).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Bonus points for experience with command line tools, in particular iTunes Transporter.
- Extra bonus points for knowledge of audio-visual metadata requirements, and experience of reviewing short form music video.