We’re looking for a Label Integrations Assistant to join the AWAL team to support the team in the day to day of onboarding priority artist and label catalogues.
This is an office-based role that will require a hardworking, detail-oriented and organised individual.
The role is ideal if you have previous experience in distribution, production, publishing or at a label in an operational role. But more importantly, you are a detail-oriented and flexible team player comfortable with rapidly evolving priorities, with very strong written and verbal communication skills. Also, If you have an interest in knowing more about digital metadata, physical logistics, neighbouring rights, synch and how Kobalt’s proprietary system works.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL.
Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters.Leading artists who have already chosen AWAL include Lauv, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Tom Misch, Omar Apollo and Little Simz, as well as labels like Glassnote, B-Unique, 30th Century and Chess Club.
We deliver audio and video to all of the key platforms using our bespoke supply chain system, powered by Kobalt’s market leading technology, making thousands of deliveries per week.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A LABEL INTEGRATIONS ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Assisting the Integrations Senior Manager with project work which may involve internal and client facing communication and support when required.
- Review, quality-check and cleanse digital, physical and neighbouring rights catalogue metadata.
- Review catalogue audio, artwork and video assets for DSP compatibility to the highest industry standards.
- Research physical catalogue stock locations, levels and parts availability and own logistics processes during stock transfers.
- Establish & build upon good relationships across multiple business areas when required.
- Identify and highlight potential integration obstacles to Integrations Senior Manager.
- Organise meetings, take meeting notes and distribute action points.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in an operational department at a label, publisher, distributor or other music organisation.
- Strong knowledge of music metadata & systems desired – knowledge of iTunes style-guide is highly desirable.
- Proactive self-starter able to manage own workload and support busy department.Experience working with digital audio, video and artwork assets.
- Physical production and stock management is desirable.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.Strong working knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets, repertoire management systems and DSP’s.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across the business and with external clients when required.
- Obsessive attention to detail and an ability to follow instructions.
- Numerate and IT literate