Artist Support Manager
AWAL is seeking a skilled Artist Support Manager to join our growing team in London. With an established roster of artists and indie labels, we are looking for someone who can provide exceptional support in managing their frontline releases within the AWAL ecosystem.
That will include working with internal teams to prioritise projects, present releases to the wider team and troubleshoot issues for your clients. Additionally, you will also assist more established artists and labels with their catalogue management, accounting queries and support using the platform. If you are passionate about music, possess strong operational and customer support skills, and thrive in a dynamic environment, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Roster Management: Taking care of a large roster of exciting artists and labels, offering guidance on operational issues and implementing best practices.
- DSP Support: Pitching for support from digital service providers (DSPs) and collaborating closely with the AWAL A&R and Global Commercial Partnerships teams to secure opportunities and develop strong business partnerships for the artists.
- Quality Control: Assisting artists and labels with the quality control process for their new releases, ensuring adherence to industry standards.
- Customer Support: Serving as the primary point of contact for artists, addressing their inquiries and providing guidance on the day-to-day running of their business.
- Communication Management: Utilising ticketing systems, such as Zendesk, to handle client communications effectively and ensure timely responses and resolutions.
Who you are
- Artist, Label, or Project Management Experience: 2-3 years substantial experience in artist, label, or project management, demonstrating a solid understanding of the music industry’s operational aspects.
- Customer Support Skills: Strong customer support skills with the ability to empathize, communicate effectively, and provide solutions to artist inquiries and concerns.
- Ticketing Systems: Proficiency in using ticketing systems, particularly Zendesk, for managing and streamlining client communications.
- Digital Music Industry Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of the digital music industry, including experience working with digital services, distributors, and marketing platforms.
- Attention to Detail: Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and a detail-driven mindset, ensuring the highest level of quality in artist support activities.
- Tech Savviness: Proficiency in technology and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools.
- We’re growing across multiple territories and additional languages would be beneficial.
What we give you
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Please note that applicants must be at least 18 years of age.