Publishing A&R Director
The ideal candidate for the Publishing A&R Director position has multiple years of experience working with record labels, managers, creatives, and other publishing A&Rs.
The main role of this position involves strategic session booking, new roster client discovery, and catalog pitching to recording artists. This position will work under the SVP, head of A&R publishing and closely with the existing publishing team. The role is highly team oriented and will entail significant collaboration internally and externally.
- Lead publishing A&R with division head to sign artists, producers and songwriters
- Manage relationships with existing roster and potential new clients
- Foster creative output through session bookings and placement of clients compositions with recording artists
- Work alongside publishing team to expand Avex USA catalog and increase revenue
- Work alongside sync senior manager to build strategy and maximize existing catalog’s value
- Log session data (titles, writers, producers, etc.) in DISCO
- Communicate royalty split information with admin team
- Manage weekly sessions and potential signings meetings
- Other special projects as assigned/necessary
- Some travel may be required
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a publishing company or record label
- Proven ability to have built and maintain strong relationships with record labels, managers, creatives, etc.
- Basic understanding of content management systems and online storage spaces (Dropbox, Google Docs, DISCO, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of spreadsheets, Excel, Google Sheets, preferred
- Self-motivated team player
- Highly organized and efficient
- Diligent, proactive & resourceful
- Passion for music and the creative process
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional work ethic
- Works autonomously