Job Title: Admin Manager, Publishing & Label
About the Job
The ideal candidate for the Avex USA Admin Manager role will have a good understanding of the nuances of both domestic and international musical copyright, registrations, releases, royalty tracking, and organizing metadata.
The main role of the Admin Manager is to handle copyright registrations for the publishing catalogue as well as manage Avex internal database for both publishing and label catalogue, working with the team to track splits, assist in resolving disputes, and keeping data updated and organized.
This position is also responsible for assisting with the management of label release details, budget tracking and expenses.
The Admin Manager will work closely with the VP of Label & Publishing Admin and Sr. Manager of Creative Sync and act as an admin liaison for the Selene label. This is an integral role and valued member of the Avex copyright team.
This is a full-time position and will be remote/hybrid based in Los Angeles, CA
- Daily/weekly maintenance of Synctank Arm platform for managing label and publishing catalogue
- Regular communication with label team to ensure organization of label catalogue splits, release dates, etc..
- Track and maintain all catalogue registrations for newly acquired publishing catalogue
- Assist on any outstanding split discrepancies within publishing catalogue
- Assist department VP on various income tracking and catalogue research projects
- Communicate with clients, managers, lawyers to acquire split information
- Support label team and accounting with label client budgets and expense tracking
- Support department VP with royalty statement auditing process and any other administrative duties
- 3-5+ years of experience in music label administration or music publishing administration
- Experience with database maintenance, managing music catalogues
- Familiarity with music copyright registration processes, PROs, DSPs
- Any experience with Synctank, iMaestro, Music Maestro, etc.. a plus
- Microsoft Excel proficient
- Have a passion for music along with a genuine interest in the administrative side of the music business Ideal
- Self-motivated team player
- Highly organized and efficient
- Organized, diligent, proactive & resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional work ethic
- Works autonomously