Concert Production Director
Avesta is looking for an experienced Concert Production Director to support to our client with the successful delivery of all 2023-2024 major concerts and special events within the regions of AlUla, and sister oases regions Khaybar and Tayma.
This is a senior level position that requires extensive expertise in project planning and has demonstrated experience working for large festivals and events. Previous concert production experience in the Middle East is mandatory. This person is responsible for the completion of the projects on time, on budget and to the agreed deliverables, supervising all day-to-day requirements of third-party vendors and suppliers for each project required.
This individual will work within the Destination Management and Marketing team and alongside Heritage Site Management (as well as other internal stakeholders) to ensure these teams are briefed and informed of all day-to-day activities and allocation of work as per the project requirements – while providing the needed support for the success of the projects.
The successful candidate will have extensive event experience with a track record of managing event delivery, production, and talent agencies, a detailed knowledge of leading large-scale concerts and a proven ability to deliver consistently and successfully within a cultural institution, event venue or similar government organisation.
The candidate will need be motivated and driven as well as diplomatic, calm and approachable and must be confident establishing relationships and liaising both confidently and diplomatically with a wide range of stakeholders as well as event suppliers and artistic talent.
Avesta is looking for a self-starter who is organized and resilient, with the ability and skills to balance time sensitive projects and work with meticulous attention to detail on innovative and highly creative projects. Along with the required skills, it is crucial that this individual has a positive attitude, prioritizes work, and adheres to timelines.
- Ensure proper coordination between production teams and venues. Advancing and obtaining presale technical information, including production needs, rider requirements, staging and capacity changes.
- Act as interface with local contractors (vendors), and venue production teams for all show requirements, including stagehands, runners, security, casual labor and rental equipment, with an emphasis on quality, reliability and cost.
- Handle day of show management of concert from load in to load out, with an emphasis on customer (artist/client) service, adherence to time schedules, sound restrictions and cost containment.
- Supervise the stage crew assigned during events (oversight of live audio mixing and recording, lighting and staging – in particular, good knowledge of equipment maintenance is expected so as to report any malfunctions and instruct appropriate repairs).
- Oversee the suggestion of talent for concerts to executive management and act as the lead liaison between talent and the client team. Individuals with an existing network within talent agencies (i.e. Live Nation) preferred. Demonstrated experience in securing high-level talent also preferred.
- Act as the client representative at scheduled shows and talent sourcing performances
- Coordinate and manage approved subcontractors and implement a project management organizational structure to maintain efficiency and safety within the team and third-party vendors and partners.
- Work directly with the client in the culture team to deliver relevant events within the department’s event calendar, whilst staying true to the organization’s vision and values
- Manage full project calendar and team deliverables.
- Remain actively aware of all projects passing through the department with the ability to intervene, support and assist if necessary.
- Develop a master critical path that encompasses and highlights key milestones across the entire department, identifying strengths and weaknesses where required.
- Identifies key priorities, action points and deliverables critical to the overall objectives of the team – Monitorindividual project progress and prepare status updates and reportsfor leadership and stakeholders.
People & Organisational Responsibilities
- Support the team with the planning of major concerts, performances, and events
- Day to day management of the project calendar; developing, mentoring, motivating and driving a team and agency ethic/spirit in their workload and output.
- Liaise on a regular basis with the project teams to ensure that everyone is informed of latest developments and requirements.
- Embed the culture and vision of the client into the project teams through performance management, feedback and coaching.
- Combine 4 plus years’ experience as Production Manager, promoter rep, or event coordinator; general knowledge of venue operations preferred.
- Possess strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with attention to detail/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Be a self-motivated individual who possesses a “roll up the sleeves attitude” and a “hands-on” style, as well as the aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel within the region as schedule dictates.
- Implementation and execution of all of our client’s policies, procedures and programs.
- Must work well under pressure and even tempered.
- Ability to make clear concise decisions; sometimes with limited information.
Duration of contract: 6 months
Start date: Immediate/ASAP
Location: This role will require full-time presence in AlUla, with a high level of flexibility to alternate, as required, between daytime, nighttime, and weekend shifts. Only candidates seriously interested in working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia should apply.
Language: English required. Candidates with knowledge of Arabic preferred.Salary: Based upon experience.
Other: Relocation fees and accommodation to be discussed in the interview process. Previous experience in concert production in the Middle East is mandatory