Executive General Manager
- Be a part of a ground-breaking movement for the Australian live music industry!
- Experienced in running a business or non-profit association?
- Join us and lead a focused advocacy and a unified voice for the industry.
Australian based company with the opportunity to work remotely
ALMBC is seeking a tenacious and grounded Executive to lead an agenda inspired by the requirement to future proof and secure funding at a national level for the live music industry.
You will be an active spokesperson and advocate for ALMBC growth, whilst deploying your negotiation skills and gravitas with government, politicians and relevant industry stakeholders.
Who is the ALMBC?
Founded in 2020, the ALMBC is a newly created national music industry association led by Australian business owners to benefit the long-term sustainability and value of Australian contemporary music.
We are the voice of Australia’s vibrant live music industry, working to advance and promote the many economic, social, and cultural benefits that the live music sector creates.
The ALMBC provides focused advocacy for thousands of Australian owned small businesses and sole traders that support Australian music in public performance places and create tens of thousands of Australian jobs in the creative economy.
Our advocacy efforts focus on policy advancement, funding for the advancement of the industry, public awareness, research, and activities that unite, highlight and galvanize the work of the live music sector.
Working with the Board of Directors, the Executive General Manager will lead and deliver the organisation’s goals, vision and policies, on behalf of the membership and in consultation with the broader music industry stakeholder base.
- Develop the ALMBCs profile in support of its objectives through effective use of communications and resources
- Grow the organisation’s capacity to generate income streams
- Manage the ALMBCs relationship with its members including effective consultation, PR and marketing
- Developing and maintaining member acquisition pipeline across standard, partner and supplier membership channels
- Developing culture, values, strategic and operational planning
- Manage the strategic and operational plan
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and fiscal obligations
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the business of the live music sector
- Manage effective relationships with relevant industry stakeholders, government bodies, and politicians.
- Represent the organisation as its spokesperson, in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- An understanding of the live music industry and the businesses that make up that ecosystem
- Experience in running a business or a non-profit association
- Strong marketing and public relations background with demonstrated experience in customer acquisition and retention
- Excellent fiscal management and analytical skills
- Able to collect, collate and turn data into a compelling narrative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to manage the ALMBCs relationship with its members including effective consultation, PR and marketing
- Highly organised – top shelf time management skills
The ALMBC is the united voice of the thousands of small to medium businesses that operate our live music industry; advancing and promoting the many economic, social and cultural benefits of contemporary music.
Access to and the mentorship of a leading lobbyist consultancy for the first 12 months.
While the ALMBC has a registered office in Sydney, there are no limitations to where the employee is based with the exception that they are in Australia.
Remote working facilities will be implemented for the successful candidate.
What happens now?
If this sounds like a fit for you, please tell us why and address the 7 success criteria in a covering letter (maximum 1 page). Include an up-to-date resume for us to learn more about your experience and send to [email protected] with the subject ‘Executive General Manager Recruitment’
ALMBC will not work with unsolicited recruitment agencies on this role.
Applications close: 4th September