PR agency Audible Treats is looking for an experienced, passionate, and ambitions professional to fill a mid-level publicist position.
At time of employment, candidate must be based in LA or NY only.
Audible Treats is a boutique public relations firm based in Brooklyn. Our clients consist mainly of rappers and rap-adjacent companies. We work with some of the biggest and interesting artists in the business, including Young Dolph, E-40, the Rolling Loud Festival, wifisfuneral, Lil Durk, Gunna, Yung Pinch, Maxo Kream and more. For a list of current and recent clients, visit http://www.audibletreats.com/clients/
The ideal candidate will have proven previous experience as a Music Publicist or similar role and established relationships with key media platforms. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to dig deep to find relevant angles. Must be a quick learner and independent worker. Must have good working knowledge of the rap landscape be willing to attend industry events after hours.
The Publicist will take the lead in national/regional press campaigns for Audible Treats clients.
- Secure top-tier national media opportunities for clients, including press coverage across digital and print digital and setting up in-person press runs
- Strategize and implement campaign asset roll-out plans
- Find contact information for writers
- Interface directly with clients as needed
- Handle tour press as needed
- Attend client/industry events (at night) on a regular basis
- Manage junior/ intern staff providing support/teaching on PR protocol and processes.
- Identifying and evaluating potential new clients
- Deep knowledge and love of hip-hop history and culture. Over 90% of our clients are hip-hop- you must eat, live, and breathe the culture.
- Previous experience in PR or similar field
- Established media contacts
- Proven track record of securing feature placements in digital and print, with bonus points for TV bookings
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Bonus if you have red-carpet experience and experience getting artists into high-profile events and parties
Founded and directed by Master’s Degree holders from New York University’s storied Music Business Master’s Program, the company has provided consistent results for our clients for over 14 years. www.audibletreats.com
To Apply :
Applicants should supply resume, examples of recent placements, three recent writing samples (press releases and pitches), and two business references to: firstname.lastname@example.org