Based in Los Angeles, and reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer (London), the VP of West Coast is a key strategic appointment that will play an integral role in leading the execution of the company’s commercial strategy in licensing Audio Network’s world-class music to television, advertising and enterprise customers. The role will manage the West Coast sales team in order to maximize revenue opportunities through sync licensing and generating performance royalties by driving usage of our music with a focus on key strategic partners in television broadcast and production.
The VP of West Coast will help drive awareness of the Audio Network brand in the US and be a key contributor to the company’s overall strategy across its core customer segments (TV, Advertising and Enterprise). The role will require leadership and coaching of the West Coast sales team . Reporting to the CCO, this role will form part of Audio Network’s US Sales leadership team which includes VP East Coast and VP Sales Operations.
This is a rare, career-defining and highly rewarding opportunity for the right executive to make their mark on a truly disruptive company which, through delivering businesses (and ultimately consumers) with access to cutting edge music on a global scale and through multi-channels, is fundamentally transforming the global music licencing landscape.
- Overall management of the West Coast sales team and operations including; sales forecasting, budgeting, expense tracking/approvals.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to create and execute marketing initiatives in order to drive awareness of Audio Network in the US, increase engagement levels with existing clients and generate new prospects and leads.
- Commercial leadership in delivering Group strategy and driving US revenues through synchronization licensing and performance royalties with a key focus on television broadcasters and producers.
- Leading the sales team to execute commercial strategies and manage the sales pipeline in order to achieve monthly and quarterly sales targets. Ensuring the sales team are consistenty adopting best practice sales processes and optimising their use of data to guide weekly sales activities. o Identifying and developing new partnership opportunities while maintaining current and existing client relationships.
- Managing executive level client reationships with US-based global broadcasters and production companies , working alongside the CCO on major deal terms and negotiations, where appropriate.
- Developing and maintaining a highly-collaborative partnership with key Audio Network executives in Music, Marketing, Product, Finance and HR to ensure alignment on Audio Network’s global strategy and operational objectives/priorities.
- US travel required for face-to-face meetings with key US clients. .
- Will be an inspiring, engaging people leader with naturally high EQ, able to set a vision and bring people with them.
- At least 10 years experience in senior level account management and direct management of sales teams.
- At least 7+ years proven experience in music licensing to the TV sector across North America.
- Established relationships with production companies and networks in the TV vertical.
- Progressive sales leader who is comfortable analysing and drawing insights from multiple data sources in order to drive weekly sales activities.
- Will be passionate about hiring, mentoring, developing and retaining talent.
- Will be excited by and passionate about Audio Network’s mission and purpose, and will instinctively understand the type of culture it takes to succeed within this business.
- Will be an experienced and detail-oriented commercial operator who can drive strategy, process, structure, and budgeting, and deliver seamlessly against core operating KPIs.
- Will be able to think ‘big picture’ and apply a strategic lens to decision-making, but also be comfortable taking a hands-on, impact-oriented approach.
- Will be passionate, tenacious and ambitious, as well as being personable and collaborative with high integrity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Salesforce.
- Proactive and resourceful, with the ability to perform independently while working well in a team environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- A good communicator, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to prioritize and manage time efficiently, with strong organizational skills • Self-accountable for sales
This summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k with match
- 20 days annual vacation + holidays
- Discretionary bonus