Audio Network is a global music company that licenses and supplies authentic and beautifully crafted music to a diverse community of creators who make television, film and advertising for all screens.
Collaborating with over 1,000 composers, artists and producers, Audio Network built and owns a world-class catalogue of more than 150,000 tracks of original music spanning every conceivable style, mood and instrumentation.
Audio Network has proven itself a leader in the creation of music for video with considerable opportunities for growth in terms of new customer segments, deeper engagement and international reach.
At its core, Audio Networks is built on
- Authentic Music – Audio Network only records with the best and most authentic artists, musicians and composers at top recording facilities around the world.
- Effortless Global Licensing – All music is pre-cleared for multiple platforms worldwide in perpetuity and is liberated for use in a wide array of content including; television, film, advertising and digital videos.
- World-Class Service – Audio Network is obsessed with delivering personalized service for all core segments (Television, Advertising, Enterprise, Digital Creators) with best-in-class music search & discovery and platform-agnostic delivery to wherever customers work.
- Crafted with creatives in mind, Audio Network’s music is used around the world by some of the media industry’s biggest names and brands including the BBC, ITV, NBC/Universal, Viacom, Coke, Nike, Havas and Vice; to name a few.
- Based in Manhattan and reporting to the CEO (London), the VP, East Coast is a key strategic appointment that will play an integral role in leading the execution of the company’s commercial strategy in licensing Audio Network’s world-class music to television, advertising, enterprise and digital media customers.
- The role will manage the East Coast sales and creative team to maximize revenue opportunities through synchronization licensing and generating performance royalties by driving usage with a focus on key strategic partners in advertising & branded content.
- The VP, East Coast will help drive awareness of the Audio Network brand in the US and be a key contributor to the company’s overall strategy across its core customer segments (advertising & branded content).
- The role will require leadership and mentorship of the East Coast Sales, creative and publishing team members. Reporting to the CEO, this role will also comprise part of the ANW’s executive team which includes senior executives from Music, Marketing, Product and Finance.
- This is a rare, career-defining and highly rewarding opportunity for the right executive to make their mark on a truly disruptive company which, through delivering businesses (and ultimately consumers) with access to cutting edge music on a global scale and through multi-channels, is fundamentally transforming the global music licencing landscape.
Key responsibilities of the role include – but are not limited to
- Overall management of the East Coast team and operations including; sales forecasting, budgeting, expense tracking/approvals and sales/marketing initiatives.
- Commercial leadership in delivering Group strategy and driving US revenues through synchronization licensing and performance royalties in ANW’s core segments (TV, Advertising, Enterprise and Digital Media) with a key focus on advertising & branded content.
- Leading the sales and creative teams to execute commercial strategies, pipeline management and performance plans ensuring they are supported by the right structure, talent and process.
- Identifying and developing new partnership opportunities while maintaining current and existing client relationships.
- Partner-level, customer relationship management, in supporting key US-based global media companies, working alongside CEO on major deal terms and negotiations, where appropriate.
- Developing and maintaining a highly-collaborative partnership with key Audio Network executives in Music, Marketing, Product, Finance and HR to ensure alignment on ANW’s global strategy and operational objectives/priorities.
- Travel required with regular trips to Los Angeles and London.
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned commercial and operational individual, with outstanding leadership skills, and a proven track record of success in senior sales management roles in music licensing in film, television and advertising.
- They will have a history of successfully managing and motivating diverse teams while implementing innovative sales and marketing initiatives with a heighten focus on delivering high-impact growth and results.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Will be an inspiring, engaging people leader with naturally high EQ, able to set a vision and bring people with them.
- At least 10 years experience in account management and direct management of sales teams.
- At least 7+ years proven experience in music licensing and branded content
- Established relationships with brands and agencies in the advertising vertical
- Will be passionate about hiring, mentoring, developing and retaining talent.
- Will be excited by and passionate about and Audio Network’s mission and purpose and will instinctively understand the type of culture it takes to succeed within this business.
- Will be an experienced and detail-oriented commercial operator who can drive strategy, process, structure, and budgeting, and deliver seamlessly against core operating KPIs.
- Will be able to think ‘big picture’ and apply a strategic lens to decision-making, but also be comfortable taking a hands-on, impact-oriented approach.
- Will be passionate, tenacious and ambitious, as well as high-integrity, rigorous, low-ego, collaborative and personable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Salesforce.
Audio Network provides an excellent benefits package.