Who are we?
We’re a music company first and foremost. We love music, and it shows in the creativity, talent and breadth of our roster, and the craft that goes into making our music.
Simply put, we create original, high-quality music for brands, broadcasters, filmmakers and creatives, all over the world and we work with a roster of more than 1000 artists, including renowned composers, respected singer songwriters and both known and emerging artists, streaming on all major platforms.
Audio Network has more than 150,000 tracks in its catalogue, spanning every genre and mood imaginable.
From Coca-Cola and Saatchi & Saatchi to HBO…
We’ve helped them tell their iconic stories. Will you help shape ours?
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a Senior A&R Manager (UK & Europe) to work in the A&R team (within Audio Network’s Music Team), being based in our London office.
Reporting to the Head Of A&R, you will have a primary focus on the implementation of Audio Network’s UK and European A&R and wider music strategy. Your role will be balanced between sourcing the best artist, composer and producer talent whilst maintaining album project commissioning and delivery levels, artist project management and overseeing key commercial releases.
- Contribute to the global A&R team strategy in scouting and signing appropriate / target artists and composers to the catalogue from the UK and European territories.
- Build strong talent and management relationships and deliver the ANW message to the creative community.
- Contribute to agreed A&R and music commissioning targets.
- Overall responsibility for artist relations, efficient project management and production of owned projects in UK and Europe; ensuring that they are successfully executed, within budget and on time whilst maintaining Audio Network’s high standard of quality and authenticity.
- Influence our commissioning with insight into current and emerging music trends by keying into record labels, DSP’s, radio, press/online tastemakers and music specialists.
- Using industry knowledge and a creative ear to inform the team in A&R meetings and music team critical listening sessions giving both a commercial and creative perspective on the music delivered to Audio Network and ensuring that the company’s very high standards are maintained.
- Collaborating across marketing and sales teams on B2B Artist/Composer campaigns.
- Play a key role in Audio Networks growing commercial music strategy – be at the heart of the team responsible for executing B2C campaigns for our commercially released music.
- Regularly attending gigs, showcases and all relevant new music / A&R events and conferences when necessary. International travel will be required.
- Representing the music team internally and playing a part in the effective internal communication of our music to ANW global staff with the objective of representing our music, artists / composers, campaigns and stories.
- 8+ years experience with a proven track record in a similar role at either a record label, music publisher or related music company.
- Commercial awareness of the market, new music trends, music business developments, products and challenges.
- Should be immersed in the Music Industry, have an end to end understanding of how it works and have a contact base that reflects this – in particular, a strong relationship with key stakeholders at DSP’s is beneficial.
- An understanding of sync and the use of music in film, television and advertising.
- An awareness of music and media trends in the online / digital landscape.
- An obvious passion for a broad range of music and exemplary critical listening skills.
Your Special Skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability and desire to thrive in a team and as part of a wider company culture.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and an ability to prioritise tasks.
- Experience managing recording budgets.
- Calm and methodical approach to work in a sometimes pressurised environment.
- Passion for music across a wide range of genres.
- Base of knowledge in music theory and critical listening skills preferable.
- Comfortable in analysing music and discussing with colleagues and artists using technical and shared / specialist language.
- Confident presenting and discussing projects and associated successes and challenges in a group.
- Competent user of Microsoft office applications.