Royalty Tracking Manager
Fixed Term Contract – 14 months
Reporting to: Director of publishing operations
AUDIO NETWORK IS A GLOBAL MUSIC COMPANY CREATING ORIGINAL, HIGH-QUALITY MUSIC FOR USE IN TV, FILM AND ADVERTISING AND FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT ACROSS DIGITAL AND SOCIAL PLATFORMS.
WITH A ROSTER OF OVER 1,000 ARTISTS AND A CATALOGUE OF +200,000 TRACKS ACROSS EVERY CONCEIVABLE GENRE – WE’RE HELPING OUR CUSTOMERS FIND THE PERFECT TRACK TO TELL THEIR STORY.
We are looking for a Royalty Tracking Manager on a 14 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, working in our Farringdon office in Hatton Garden, London, on a hybrid working pattern. You will be managing essential worldwide royalty tracking and administration processes across the Audio Network group, primarily focusing on identifying, tracking and claiming royalties for music usage in TV broadcasts around the world; organising the royalty tracking team’s monthly tasks; and reporting on royalty tracking revenues.
- Tracking TV broadcasts of our catalogue around the world and submitting claims to local performing rights organisations (PROs) where missing royalties are identified
- Consulting PRO ‘unidentified performance’ lists to find and claim missing royalties for TV shows and commercials using our music
- Submitting TV commercial data to PROs to ensure timely and accurate royalty accounting.
- Producing monthly report of group royalty tracking revenues; keeping up to date schedules of required cue sheets and submitted royalty claims, together with revenue projections; and reporting revenue realised from claims by analysing PRO statements
- Reporting missing royalties from PRO statements to Publishing Insights Manager, to inform income projections
- Collaborating with Royalty Tracking Administrator, ensuring tasks are delivered accurately and on time
- Coordinating with advertising sales teams and third-party data providers to ensure accurate payment and tracking of catalogue used in TV commercials, through consolidating licence, music recognition technology (MRT) and statement data and submitting claims to PROs
- Working with sales teams to obtain cue sheets from clients
- Working closely with third-party sub-publishers to facilitate two-way exchange of royalty tracking data and information
- Using MRT to identify and tag broadcasts of Audio Network’s music catalogue around the world, according to usage type
- 3 years’ experience in music publishing, specifically experience in royalties/royalty tracking an advantage
- A-C grades in GCSE Maths and English
- Strong Excel skills, experience working with formulas and pivot tables
- Music Industry-related degree (an advantage, but not essential)
- Data analysis, financial experience (an advantage, but not essential)
- Fluency in any European languages (an advantage, but not essential)
KEY COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Very well organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time, and perseverance to see tasks through
- Good communication skills
This summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Holiday 25 days per annum plus 8 public holidays
- Life insurance
- Volunteering opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer hours on Fridays (June to early Sept)
BE YOUR ORIGINAL SELF
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Audio Network, we celebrate originality – it’s a key part of our business. We truly believe that to create the highest quality experience, for everyone, we need diverse teams, telling diverse stories. We’re committed to building these teams and always striving to ensure everyone is empowered to bring their whole, unique selves to work each day. Each Audio Networker is unique – but they are all treated the same: with dignity, respect, compassion, and equality.
We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.