Head of Branded Content, UK
REPORTING TO: COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR – UK/NORDICS/JAPAN
DATE: AUGUST 2023
AUDIO NETWORK IS A GLOBAL MUSIC COMPANY CREATING ORIGINAL, HIGH-QUALITY MUSIC FOR USE IN TV, FILM, AND ADVERTISING AND FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT ACROSS DIGITAL AND SOCIAL PLATFORMS.
WITH A ROSTER OF OVER 1,000 ARTISTS AND A CATALOGUE OF +200,000 TRACKS ACROSS EVERY CONCEIVABLE GENRE – WE’RE HELPING OUR CUSTOMERS FIND THE PERFECT TRACK TO TELL THEIR STORY.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Branded Content is responsible for the strategy behind Audio Network’s engagement with our highest-value Enterprise, Advertising, and Digital Media accounts, from building a robust new business pipeline to commercial negotiations on High-Value Annual subscription deals.
The role will also involve managing a team of six experienced staff to renew subscription deals, structure upsell opportunities for existing and new accounts, license music for one-off productions, and prospect for new business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a varied, role working closely with team members across the business to drive performance as well as collaborating with other parts of the business.
- Develop and implement a commercial strategy for the newly merged Branded Content segment aimed at maximising revenue and opening up high-value content partnerships
- Plan, build, and execute a strategy, in collaboration with the Commercial Director, to grow our subscription business of recurring
- revenues. This involves adding new subscriptions through extensive business development, improving our retention level of existing clients, and upselling, wherever possible
- Execute across multiple complementary strategies for differing customer tiers – i.e., High-Value customers and Lower Value customers, ensuring a seamless customer experience at every stage of the value chain
- Build strong high-level relationships within the Branded Content segment, especially related to commercial decision-making. Work closely with the Sales Operations team to deliver seamless automation via our website for Low Value branded content clients
- Identify and lead new business opportunities with the support of the wider team, using marketing automation and lead generation tools, such as Pardot, Outreach, or equivalent
- Work closely with Commercial Director and Sales Operations to ensure we establish best practices around sales processes and CRM optimisation
- The role comprises of 50% outbound sales and 50% line management
- Attend and present at external customer meetings, events, and functions, to aid business development, meaning regular travel
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with great attention to detail
- Experience of managing and influencing stakeholders at different levels of seniority
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Will be an inspiring, engaging people leader with naturally high EQ, able to set a vision and bring people with them
- At least 8 years experience in account management and direct management of sales teams.
- High-level, established relationships with Branded Content companies
- Will be passionate about mentoring, developing, and retaining talent
- Will be excited by and passionate about Audio Network’s mission and purpose and will instinctively understand the type of culture it takes to succeed within this business
- Will be an experienced and detail-oriented commercial operator who can drive strategy, process, structure, and budgeting, and deliver seamlessly against core operating KPIs
- Will be able to think ‘big picture’ and apply a strategic lens to decision-making, but also be comfortable taking a hands-on, impact-oriented approach.
- Will be passionate, tenacious, and ambitious, as well as high-integrity, rigorous, low-ego, collaborative, and personable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Salesforce
This summarises the main key responsibilities of your role but there may be other reasonable requests made and other responsibilities included from time to time.
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Discretionary bonus
- Private Healthcare
- Holiday 25 days per annum plus 8 public holidays
- Life insurance
- Volunteering opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Summer hours on Fridays (June to early Sept)
BE YOUR ORIGINAL SELF
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Audio Network, we celebrate originality – it’s a key part of our business. We truly believe that to create the highest quality experience, for everyone, we need diverse teams, telling diverse stories.
We’re committed to building these teams and always striving to ensure everyone is empowered to bring their whole, unique selves to work each day. Each Audio Networker is unique – but they are all treated the same: with dignity, respect, compassion, and equality.
We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Are you ready to be part of our success story?
Audio Network provides original music of the highest quality for broadcasters, brands, creators and music fans, alongside simple and transparent licensing that allows creators to use music on multiple platforms, everywhere, forever.
Founded in 2001, by music entrepreneurs Andrew Sunnucks and Robert Hurst, we are an inclusive, global music company, with some of the entertainment industry’s most talented individuals on our team and working alongside us as partners.
Working with a catalogue of more than 1000+ artists, composers and producers, and 200,000+ wholly owned tracks, our growing team of more than 170 music professionals, across 15 locations globally, is dedicated to bringing you incredible music.