We are looking for a Strategic Partner Development Manager to join the team to fulfill the increasing demands for our suite of Content Identification, Content Fulfilment, Rights Administration, and Licensing services. As a Strategic Partner Development Manager, you will work with a small team and be responsible for developing and maintaining new business opportunities across several product and service areas. You will be required to understand and uncover the customers’ needs with the goal of developing and closing new business and continuing to develop relations with existing customers.
You know how to assess media partnership opportunities in any situation, help define a strategy, and work closely with Product and other stakeholders to drive essential partnerships that help advance Audible Magic’s business footprint. You’re adept at cross-functional leadership. You don’t just execute, you’re a true innovator who can identify industry trends, communicate complex licensing and technical concepts, and connect with the industry’s key influencers.
- Research, identify, and contact online media/streaming services (Social Networks, UGC Platforms, DSPs, Music Services etc.) that are potential customers for the Audible Magic product and services suite and licensing and administration services
- Approach identified companies and become the business facing liaison between Audible Magic and copyright holders
- Articulate and sell the entire Audible Magic services portfolio (Content Identification, Content Fulfillment, Rights Administration and Licensing.)
- Working alongside our Content Partnerships team, develop and maintain superb relationships with existing content partners, ensure partner satisfaction, uncover and understand future needs.
- Analyze and negotiate complex contracts related to the Audible Magic product suite
- Respond to complex inquiries regarding service contract obligations and revisions
- Identify service contract risks and suggest alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Bachelor’s Degree,
- 3 to 5 years of music/licensing service-oriented enterprise business development and account management experience
- 3+ years of experience partnering with rights; licensing; rightsholder relations; inside the media or music industry
- Demonstrable successful management and analysis of multiple complex contracts from origin through negotiations to close.
- Understanding of multi-territory music licensing processes and requirements
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to thrive in an independent working culture and quantify progress
- Working business knowledge of content management, digital rights management, copyright, and streaming services
- Ability to travel internationally 25%
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts, strategies, and current development technologies.
- Right to work in the United Kingdom
- An existing network of content partners; platform providers; rightsholders; streaming services
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically. Fluency in an additional European or Asian language would be a big advantage.
- Fundamental understanding of content management (metadata); operations; data & digital rights management
About Audible Magic
Audible Magic has over 35 (thirty-five) patents, and an Emmy® Award. At Audible Magic we are building the most revolutionary media recognition technology and rights management solutions for the global music, movie and television industry. Our customers and partners include some of the largest and most recognized brands in the industry. We win awards because we keep driving to provide better solutions for our customers, solutions that meet the needs of the ever-changing music and entertainment industry. At Audible Magic we believe our customers are paramount, and our reputation and integrity are the foundation of our business.