Founded by Richard Stumpf (CEO) in 2013, Atlas Music Publishing is a service- oriented, digital market-minded alternative to big box, high volume music publishing. Atlas was built on the belief that “Bigger is not better. Better is better.”
Bringing together a team of veteran music publishing executives with proven track records, the company currently represents songs performed by top stars, boasting a roster of hit-makers that spans multiple genres including Brandi Carlile, Van Halen, Warren Haynes, Brian Howes, and Dan the Automator, as well as emerging artists ELHAE, Major Myjah, Slothrust, Saint PHNX, Alex Vargas, Charlotte, amongst others.
Atlas Music Publishing is seeking a motivated & proactive Senior Accountant to join our NYC-based team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position will be responsible for maintaining Atlas’ books, completion of financial statements, & other necessary financial reporting, analysis, and oversight.
- Support an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close; including but not limited to, preparing and entering journal entries, account review, and analysis.
- Timely preparation of all monthly & quarterly financial statements.
- Coordinate with executive management to prepare annual budget(s).
- Regular and ongoing financial reporting & coordination with parent company.
- Prepare, analyze and compare actual figures to budgeted figures for various accounting items (T&E, financial statements, etc.)
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable and cash disbursement process (i.e. checks, wires, petty cash, etc.)
- Prepare Cash Flow analysis.
- Prepare year-end 1099’s, monthly bank reconciliations, filing, etc.
- Assist the annual foreign tax credit process.
- Responsible for royalty disbursements and reconciliations.
- Assist in royalty analysis, income tracking, general forecasting, and new acquisitions financial analysis.
- Oversee T&E staff reporting process (utilizing Expensify).
- Assist COO with various HR functions, including payroll processing, benefits enrollment, new hire onboarding, exit interviews, and acting as general HR liaison with employees.
- Assist COO with various Operations functions, including coordinating with office services vendors, tracking overhead expenditures, etc.
- Support with special projects and workflow process improvements and inquiries from COO & CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 4-7 years of prior accounting experience in music or related industries (music publishing experience a plus).
- Ability to hit the ground running, to work independently, and manage multiple tasks while prioritizing and meeting various deadlines; excellent organizational skills.
- Strong command of Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel (including use of pivot tables, VLookup, etc.)
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for music, numbers, and details. Please e-mail your resume & cover letter to email@example.com