Title: Senior Audience Manager (Black Music)
Time type: Full time
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Senior Audience Manager (Black Music)
A little bit about our team
Atlantic Records UK is home to some of the most iconic UK artists from household names such as Ed Sheeran, Anne-Marie, Clean Bandit & Joel Corry to emerging & vital artists in the Black Music scene such as Burna Boy, Tion Wayne, KSI and Cardi B.
You’d be joining the Audience team, who work hand in hand with Marketing to construct our artist campaigns, driving amplification online, growing audiences and dialling in on communities forming around our artists. We do this in a number of ways including creating, marketing & optimising content, developing and implementing fan acquisition strategies, and working with new digital platforms and startups.
As a Senior Audience Manager, you will be working directly with artists & their teams to drive their digital strategy and know everything about their fanbase as it grows. The role is a key part of an artist’s SWAT team, ensuring that every moment of their journey is maximised online to the highest level.
You will be a core member of the Black Music Marketing Team, embedded within the scene and fluent in all nuances of Black Music campaigns online. You will advocate for innovative release strategies, intricate storytelling via artist & 3rd party socials, and always consider ways to collect data to deploy the fanbase throughout a campaign.
Here you’ll get to
- You will lead the digital strategy for Atlantic’s Black Music roster, supported by the Director of Digital
- You will work directly with the artists on your roster and their management teams to set social strategy and recruit appropriate resource around them (videographers, social agencies, freelancers etc) to help them win online
- You will be plugged in to the data surrounding your artists and articulate in telling stories with the social data you’re reading back to the team. You will use data to intricately know the fan base of your artists and inform future campaign decisions
- You will be community minded at every turn, considering data capture for direct-to-fan comms tools such as email CRM, SMS and various first party data touchpoints. You will know how to galvanise communities around our artists via social and where to stimulate that community, considering appropriate platforms such as Discord, Telegram, WhatsApp and more.
- You will strategise harnessing the power of Influencers & Creators across your campaigns, utilising your network of agencies and talent to execute best in class short form campaigns across TikTok, Meta Reels, YouTube Shorts, Snap and emerging platforms
- You will commission high quality social content for your roster, maintain a vast network of reliable 3rd parties to support this. You will inspire your artists to step out of their comfort zones with content to find a winning formula
- You will pitch to Digital Partners (TikTok, Meta, Snap, etc) for support across their platforms for your roster and communicate wins back to the team
- You will stay up to date with all of the latest tech trends, maintain a network of developers and technically minded individuals to execute forward thinking innovative campaigns
- You will work with the marketing team & our media buyer to brief digital advertising campaigns, pulling together highly engaging creative and feeding back results
- You are passionate about Black Music
- You are an expert in promoting Black Music and associated genres and a have a vast network in the scene
- You have proven experience in building creative social/digital campaigns that drive engagement, discovery and audience growth
- You are experienced in working with creators, influencers and third party pages to drive viral moments/campaigns through culture & the zeitgeist
- You are curious and constantly looking for new ways to do things, with a keen interest in developments within the tech landscape
- You have strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple time sensitive tasks and prioritise effectively
- You are analytical and have experience telling stories with data
- You are strategic and articulate. You’re an ideas and solutions person and an effective communicator
- You are technically minded
We’d love it if you also had:
- The ability to create content, you’re good with a lens and have an eye for effective 9:16 content
- Technical skills such as Photoshop, Premiere, Final Cut, HTML, Email Marketing Platforms, WordPress etc
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike.
And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.