ASTHMATIC KITTY RECORDS (AKR) seeks a full-time Production Manager specializing in manufacturing and inventory management.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the physical product from the artist’s vision to the customer’s hands; including production oversight of vinyl LPs, CDs, cassettes, soft goods, and various merchandise. This position is responsible for data analysis on past projects so they can provide manufacturing recommendations for both new and back catalogue titles to label management.
Critically, the production manager will calculate and monitor the dynamic lead times for manufacturing and sales trends, as well as monitor the reorder point with the distributor.
The position will also be responsible for planning inventory flow to direct-to-consumer platforms as well as distribution partners. This is a remote position.
- Strategize, manage, plan, and maintain inventory, including regular auditing of the entire catalogue of products.
- Manage inventory to sales channels and distribution partners.
- Work to facilitate design of physical products which will involve template selections and design deployment.
- Work with various manufacturers on production of album titles.
- Interact with Label Director, manufacturing partners, distributor, and various international fulfillment partners.
- Research, determine, negotiate and engage best new manufacturing partners as needed.
- Help to cultivate a network of graphic designers and artists to contract for album and merch design.
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent communication, relational, research and organizational skills.
- Excellent project management skills, able to plan and strategize inventory in an industry that increasingly requires longer term planning.
- A near-obsessive attention to details.
- Creative approach to problem-solving, particularly on the increasingly difficult logistics of physical production.
- High competency with inventory management and fulfillment platforms.
- Competency with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify and Bandcamp.
- Four to six-years experience with physical manufacturing, print and soft goods, ideally music-related products (vinyl, CD, cassettes, etc), and physical and digital graphic design.
- An interest in exploring and developing new merch ideas and rethinking pre-existing formats.
- Understanding of graphic design tools including Adobe Creative Cloud suite and reviewing print and digital proofs for production.
- May require travel from time-to-time.
Negotiable based on experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
Please upload a cover letter, resume and references at: https://forms.gle/1rYMkAHs2qhCYkrx6
Please tell us in your cover letter about an experience with projecting quantities for manufacturing and how you approached that and also a time where you lead a project from concept to delivery. We may request to see physical copies of the projects you’ve worked on. We look forward to hearing from you!
AKR is a boutique record label who have released albums by Sufjan Stevens, Angelo De Augustine, My Brightest Diamond, Helado Negro, Linda Perhacs, Julianna Barwick and more. It prides itself on working with creative and self-sufficient artists who are deeply involved in the planning and release of their own music.