ASTHMATIC KITTY RECORDS (AKR) seeks a full-time Marketing and Project Manager.
Asthmatic Kitty Records (AKR) seeks a Marketing and Project Manager. This person will assist in mapping out album releases and projects, overseeing project management at the label, and assisting in developing marketing plans for those projects. This is a remote position.
- Work closely with the Label Director to plan, develop, strategize and execute artist releases.
- Work with AKR team, artists and their representatives to define marketing objectives and timelines.
- Provide regular reports to artists and project teams on project status.
- Help create and execute marketing plan with focus on audience engagement
- Help to manage, interpret and report on the performance of campaign initiatives, including; retail, direct-to-customer (Bandcamp, Shopify), DSPs and, social media
- Help to coordinate assets across campaigns, including music videos, remixes, live sessions, photoshoots, digital assets, etc.
- Provide creative insight and planning for all elements of artist marketing, including retail marketing, advertising, social media, live and virtual events, and more.
- Identify creative marketing, promo, & retail opportunities for artists on behalf of label.
- Strategize and manage social media for label and artists.
- Assist in label customer service.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and training.
- Competency with digital project management, communication, and e-commerce tools. These could include Mailchimp, Sendinblue, Basecamp, Trello, Notion, Todoist, among others.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Creative thinking for marketing plans and ideas.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- A strong sense of independence and DIY entrepreneurial spirit. This person should be able to manage their own time and tasks without direct management and be willing to take initiative.
- 2-4 years or more marketing experience.
- Hands-on experience with marketing, including digital advertising, data strategy, social strategy, & new technologies.
- Website maintenance including WordPress, templated sites such as Squarespace and basic HTML.
- Competency with social media planning tools, such as Hootsuite, Later.com.
- Comfort with word processing such as Pages or Word and spreadsheet software such as Sheets or Excel
- Optional but helpful: competency with graphic design tools including Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
Please upload a cover letter, resume and references to:
Please include in your cover letter an example of a time where you developed and executed a marketing and/or communication plan. Also Include examples of an approach you feel helped the success of the project and new things you learned as a result. We look forward to hearing from you!
AKR is a boutique record label who have released albums by Sufjan Stevens, Angelo De Augustine, My Brightest Diamond, Helado Negro, Linda Perhacs, Julianna Barwick and more. It prides itself on working with creative and self-sufficient artists who are deeply involved in the planning and release of their own music.