Assemble Sound is looking for a full-time Finance Manager to operate as our controller and business administrator, overseeing accounting operations and financial planning alongside our senior management team and external CPA.
The Finance Manager will work across Assemble Sound’s various departments, including: sync licensing & music supervision; artist development (record label, publishing, artist management); and studio programming and facilities.
- Manage Assemble Sound books via Quickbooks Online. You must be great at bookkeeping and passionate about making it work.
- Reconcile Assemble Sound books with bank accounts
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes, including all invoicing, bills, deposits and bill payments
- Manage tax preparation with an outside CPA (1099s, W9s, etc)
- Manage Assemble Sound’s vendor onboarding process & ongoing payments
- Act as point of contact for all vendors
- Do vendor paperwork for Assemble Customers
- Do outreach to customers for all accounts receivable
- Work alongside department heads to create and manage annual and project-specific budgets.
- Reconcile budgets and actuals across departments
Business Admin & Communications
- Create & present presentation materials for financial updates and discussions with key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage contracts, payments, and communication with all service providers related to Assemble Sound’s general operations (including but not limited to insurance & payroll providers, utility companies, landlords, etc).
- Manage general internal HR and payroll processes, coordinating with external vendors
- Manage office supply ordering
- Systemize and manage final sync agreement database (track executed contracts)
- Longform sync licensing agreements with clients – fill out template and send agreement to clients with invoices
- Systemize and manage sync contract renewal process (for termed licenses)
- Systemize and manage final label & publishing agreements
Skills & Qualifications
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about the financial management side of building businesses, and implementing the operational processes that make financial management efficient and effective.
- This position requires a unique person who can effectively manage administrative processes, but also has the personal skills to interact with clients and vendors who interface with those processes.
The ideal candidate has:
- Background and experience working in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field.
- Experience with Quickbooks Online highly preferred
- Very proficient in Excel – the best candidate probably loves building and managing spreadsheets, whether those spreadsheets are P&L statements, cash flow projections, balance sheets, or vendor databases.
- Extreme attention to detail, and insatiable desire to keep things organized
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in business related field (accounting, finance, business administration)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A desire to work in music, but wants nothing to do with the artist development process and everything to do with the backend infrastructure of managing music businesses.
To apply, send resume and brief cover letter to: [email protected]
APPLICATIONS DUE APRIL 4th, 2022