The Membership Co-ordinator will support the London office staff in all aspects.
The person in this role will be responsible for keeping all London staff up to speed on the status of the various ongoing department projects; will maintain budgets and expense reports; will participate in meetings and may contribute creatively from time to time; will interface with ASCAP members (songwriters, publishers) and their teams (managers, A&R scouts, etc.) as related to ASCAP events and daily needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering phone calls, responding to member queries, managing office duties.
- Interfacing with ASCAP members and their teams.
- Will be required to attend and work at London events (sometimes in the evening) as well as contributing to the planning and execution of each event.
- Assisting VP in research, planning and various aspects of ASCAP’s London Awards show.
- Managing and updating social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Spotify Playlist)
- Developing relationships with A&R scouts from labels and publishers.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Active participation in the London music scene is key, so an eagerness to attend concerts and industry events is expected, even when not called upon. Ideally, this position would suit a graduate looking to enter the music industry at a junior level who is enthusiastic about music publishing, performing rights and has a passion for discovering new music.
This position requires attention to detail, diligent organisation, and fluid communication skills.
Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Google Docs, and must possess the ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with members and other industry professionals, either on the phone or in person.
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres – the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the only PRO in the US owned and governed by our members.