Ditto Artist & Label Services is looking to add a Nigerian A&R Representative. Our team finds, develops, manages relationships with and creates marketing initiatives with emerging & established African Artists, Record Labels and catalogue owners, providing support, advice and strategy for Ditto clients.
As an Artist & Label Services A&R representative you will be required to approach Artists and Labels to sign with Ditto Plus, whilst looking after a roster of Artists & Labels that you have signed, overseeing and coordinating all aspects of their release campaigns including Asset Management, Distribution, Sales, Promotion, Marketing, Social Media, and Reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The A&R Representative’s duties & responsibilities are:
- Identify and sign successful African Artists and developing African artists who have the potential to become top tier African artists globally.
- Actively scout successful and emerging Nigeria-based Label/Management companies to partner with Ditto.
- Represent Ditto alongside Senior Staff in meetings with existing and potential Artists, Artist Management and Labels.
- Conceive and implement industry leading release campaigns and strategies that reflect the vision and goals of the Artist, Management, or Label.
- Communicate with management and Artists on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and maintain a good working relationship.
- Ensure timely delivery of all aspects of the campaign in line with core project and partner milestones.
- Proactively provide insight, advice, and creative planning support to signings in respect of their releases, catalogue and revenue.
- Manage cross functionally with other departments as well as external partners to ensure flow of information throughout the campaign.
- Develop market-leading streaming and playlist strategies with the Trade Marketing team.
- Analyse performance of your roster using Ditto’s analytics tools.
- Be aware of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity in Nigeria.
- Represent Ditto in the Nigerian Music Industry, including attending gigs, panels, and creating awareness of our services.
- Generate significant revenue from signings.
- Passionate about music, especially African Music and Culture, with a minimum 3 years music industry, creative agency or brand & Artists’ marketing experience.
- Enthusiastic about independent music and Artist development, results focused, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- Good track record of working directly with Artists and their teams. Must have relationships with key independent recording Artists.
- A good understanding of streaming platforms and knowledge of or experience with Label Services.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multitask and work to deadlines under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, with competent copywriting and presentation abilities.
- Proactive and positive with the ability to independently initiate tasks and follow through to completion.
- Flexible approach to growing within a team and adapting processes as the business grows.
- Good computer literacy and internet connectivity is necessary, and a strong proficiency in Google Suite is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields is preferred but not necessary.
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com