Armada Music is an Amsterdam-based music company that operates on a global scale. Our aim is to be the best partner for artists in the electronic music realm to work with, not only for the distribution and promotion of their music, but also in developing and shaping a solid career.
As a brand, we aim to strengthen our position as a top supplier of the best music available in all electronic genres. We launched the U.S. office in 2016 and the U.K. office followed in 2017. Because of our growth, we are aiming to expand our New York team. We are therefore looking for a PR Manager U.S., who will play a key role in aligning the U.S. Promotion & Marketing activities with the main office in Amsterdam as well as the U.K. office.
The main focus of the PR Manager U.S. is to devise a strategic plan for approaching the U.S. market as a music brand and self-sustainable hub for the promotion of dance music. At the same time, he or she will contribute to the creation of promotional plans for singles and albums released by Armada Music. Detailed tasks would include:
General Marketing activities
- You will initiate, execute and oversee various U.S. promotional and marketing projects (from individual releases to projects related to brand awareness);
- Create plans concerning the allocation of budgets for PR/promotion/marketing;
- Create – or contribute to the creation of – promotional PR plans for singles and albums, from individual releases to projects related to brand awareness);
- Together with relevant colleague, you will devise a strategic plan for approaching the U.S. market as a fully respected brand and self-sustainable hub for the promotion of dance music. You will help make Armada Music a big player in the U.S. music industry;
- You will report all relevant undertakings and results to artist/management for artists that are handled directly by the U.S. office.
- You will actively search for opportunities to expand the audience of Armada Music and our artists in the U.S., such as cross promotion, free publicity, paid publicity etc.;
- You will organize and visit industry gatherings on behalf of Armada Music. You will also organize and plan PR activities, meetings for relevant media and industry outlets, promotional gatherings and pitches, and take care of U.S.-oriented mailouts;
- You will actively seek out new trends and opportunities in relation to promotion in general, as well as opportunities centered around releases or artists;
- You will prepare and send out press releases, artist biographies and promo material.
Relationships and Communication
- You will be responsible for initiating, maintaining and developing Armada Music’s relationship with (media) partners, including blogs, TV shows, influencers, magazines and newspapers, plus managers, artists and labels in U.S. territory;
- You will send regular updates to colleagues who are in the lead of certain (release) projects. This includes a weekly report on general progress and activities as well as project-related updates (e.g. concerning releases, artists, general brand promotion);
- You will follow up on initial publicity activities by phone, e-mail or via face-to-face meetings;
- You will arrange publicity events, such as media interviews and personal appearances;
- You will escort artists to interviews or publicity events;
- You will always be looking to tap into new audiences.
Who is the person we’re looking for?
- You are extremely passionate about electronic dance music;
- You have previously worked in the music industry;
- You know your way around marketing and promotion, and you’re blessed with an inventive and creative mindset;
- You have extensive knowledge of dance music, and know all about Armada Music and other labels’ catalogs and artists in the U.S. and beyond;
- You are able to cope with pressure and changing deadlines (you can handle a fast-paced schedule of releases while working on multiple projects at the same time);
- You have excellent (verbal and written) communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- You love working closely with the various departments of the company to get results quickly.
What will we offer you in return?
- You will be joining the ranks of a young and dynamic team;
- You will receive a monthly salary befitting your age and experience;
- We offer health care coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions.
Can’t contain your excitement? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to put PR Manager U.S. in the e-mail subject. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC:
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Afrojack, Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, Erick Morillo, Fedde Le Grand, Gareth Emery, Kevin Saunderson, Lost Frequencies, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page and W&W.