Is electronic dance music your biggest passion in life? Does the prospect of organizing and planning make your heart skip a beat?
Are you ready to join the ranks of the largest independent dance music label in the world? If your answer to all of these questions is a firm “YES”, you’ll fit right in here at Armada Music. And as fate would have it, we have just the job opening for you!
Streaming and Promotions Manager, USA
Our new Streaming and Promotions Manager, USA will be part of Armada Music’s New York team. They will play a vital role in managing and developing label relations with DSP and Radio contacts in the USA, servicing priorities and expanding the company’s promotions network. They will work closely with our Digital Team at Amsterdam Headquarters and there will be some overlap with our London-based UK Office. Within the USA they will work closely with the USA General Manager, USA Marketing Manager, USA A&R managers and USA Radio Promoters.
What will you be doing (exactly)?
Streaming and Curation:
- You will lead our DSP relations with USA based editorial and label teams at priority partners like Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music and YouTube;
- You will update editorial and label teams with developments on ongoing priority campaigns with the aim of securing further editorial support – you will be required to pick out key, relevant highlights from your own knowledge of priority releases and the
- Product and Marketing update – and present them appropriately;
- You will send priority releases to editors in their preferred format ahead of release so that they are across them for launch;
- You will document, analyse and report regular updates about global campaigns to the wider Armada team, label partners and management partners;
- You will liaise with the Marketing team on re-pitching releases showing positive signs of growth, working to devise strategies for growth through specialist editorial support.
- You will look for on-platform opportunities to exploit our catalogue through DSP partners;
- You will own and develop our relations with 3rd party playlists and their curators in order to build our network and ultimately increase streaming numbers;
- You will build out our database and relations with major YouTube channels where there are notable opportunities for placement of our music;
- You will own our USA editorial relationship with major social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram for the promotion of our frontline (current) and catalogue music, seeking to grow our reach and conversion on all platforms;
- You will look for and execute new and effective promotions opportunities for our frontline and catalogue releases.
- You will coordinate the national and regional USA radio plugging of Armada releases, working closely with Armada’s radio promoters.
- You will develop and maintain our regional radio promotions database, and ensure that we are servicing all relevant shows, networks and broadcast opportunities;
- You will build and maintain relationships with key shows, DJs and producers by visiting events and (radio-) shows.
- You will pull radio monitor reports and summarise into an easily readable format and circulate to A&R and Product/Marketing teams.
- You will pitch our artists and releases for key opportunities like guest mixes, involvement in key broadcast events and interviews;
Who is the person we’re looking for?
- You are extremely passionate about electronic dance music;
- You have previous experience within the music industry, ideally within a record label, DSP or radio station;
- You have a strong understanding of streaming platforms; how they operate; their editorial playlists and their back end systems;
- You have extensive knowledge of the USA radio landscape; key shows, popular genres and styles; key contacts at broadcast outlets and editorial guidelines;
- You are well connected within the USA radio and DSP landscape;
- You have excellent (verbal and written) communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- You love working closely with the various departments of the company to get results quickly;
- You are inventive and creative and a keen problem solver;
- You are confident and a team player, willing to get involved with a wide range of tasks that support the label and its artists.
What will we offer you in return?
At Armada Music, you’ll be pursuing your passion on an international scale. Calling an inspiring and musical environment home, you’ll bump fists with a young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers, both during office hours and at the Friday afternoon drinks. We also offer a monthly salary befitting your age and experience, a Health Care coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions.
Please keep in mind that this position is at our office in New York. Therefore, we prefer applicants who live in or around this beautiful city with a reasonable travel distance to our office.
Does this sound like your dream job? To apply, please use the link on our website to apply and send in your resume and cover letter. We are looking forward to meeting you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Brando, Cat Dealers, Eelke Kleijn, Ferry Corsten, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Tensnake and more.