Is the word “strategy” highlighted in your personal dictionary? Are you on top of new trends and technological developments within the music business? Does listening to dance music make you happier than a kid in a candy shop? If that’s the case, the following job opening is an awesome opportunity for you…
MARKETING MANAGER (FULL-TIME)
As a MARKETING MANAGER, you will be mainly responsible for the marketing plans and operational processes regarding your own roster of releases. You will work closely with the A&R-, Product-, Digital, Promotion and Social Media teams to promote our music in the U.S. market through all channels of Armada Music and beyond.
What will you be doing (exactly)?
- You will create strategic marketing and promotion plans for your roster of artists and releases and execute these together with the project teams;
- You will identify new opportunities and translate these into actionable marketing strategies;
- You will take a helicopter view over an artist’s positioning and will initiate campaigns for releases based on market analysis and research;
- You will follow new trends and technological developments closely and will indulge in conceptual thinking;
- You will keep the artists, managements and internal teams informed on planning, progress, content and chart success;
- You will keep a tight grip on the marketing & promotion budgets and will report the cost balances;
- You will report to the Marketing Director.
Who is the person we’re looking for?
- You have a relevant degree in Business Marketing, Communication or Commercial Economy;
- You have relevant experience in a similar role with a substantial track record in online/digital marketing;
- You have knowledge of the inner workings of the music industry and an affinity for electronic music. Preferably, you also have a relevant network within the (dance) music industry;
- You have a good understanding of the factors that drive music consumption and know what buttons to push;
- Online media excites you and you are always clued up on its most recent developments;
- You love creatively connecting the dots and building a campaign from all the ingredients available. In doing so, you must be a real team player;
- You possess excellent organizational and communicative skills and have the ability to drive processes forward within project teams;
- You have an analytical mind and an ambitious, decisive and problem-solving mentality;
- You’re in for a challenge and like dynamic working environments. You are used to working with strict deadlines, know how to prioritize and thrive under pressure;
- You (preferably) live in or near New York City or you are willing to move there;
- You are well versed in the English language, both in speech and in writing.
What will we offer you in return?
At Armada Music, you’ll be pursuing your passion on an international scale. Calling an inspiring and musical environment home, you’ll bump fists with a young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers. O, and we’ll pay you a monthly salary befitting your experience and offer a partial Health Care coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions. There’s that too, of course.
Can’t contain your excitement? Please apply by using the link on our website and send in your resume and cover letter. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
About Armada Music
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Brando, Cat Dealers, Ferry Corsten, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Tensnake and more.