Does your heart tap to the beat of dance music? Do you actually read the terms and conditions before you agree to anything?
Are you a strong negotiator and ready to join the ranks of the largest independent dance music label in the world? If your answer to all of these questions is a firm “Yes”, you’ll fit right in here at Armada Music. And as faith would have it, we have just the job opening for you. We’re looking at you to become our next…
Legal & Business Affairs Manager USA
We are looking to hire a wonderworker with explicit legal experience for Armada Music’s brand new office in New York. As a Legal & Business Affairs Manager, you work independently on various contracts and take the lead in negotiations and are responsible for drafting and finalizing the agreements with the involved parties.
These parties vary from artists, DJs, producers and vocalists, to other record companies, license partners, TV/film production companies,, publishers, digital portals, and more. It is up to you to conclude the specific terms of agreements between contract parties in the contract and to administer accordingly.
- You are responsible for negotiating and drafting agreements;
- You will correspond with our contracting parties to ensure that
- contracts are signed and sent prior to the set deadlines;
- You will work closely with the A&R team to get the deals done in time so they can focus on the creative aspects of the music;
- You will archive all contracts and make sure everything is entered into our royalty system correctly;
- You will inform our finance department about the specific financial aspect of every deal;
- You are (jointly) responsible for keeping the administration of our overviews and catalog up to date.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATe
- has acquired a relevant degree in Law;
- and (preferably) four to five years of legal experience with (music/media) contracts;
- has mastered the legal language;
- possess excellent organizational skills as well as communicative and negotiating skills;
- has a flexible, proactive and meticulous work ethic;
- does not define a job as working from nine to five;
- preferably lives in or near New York.
What do you get in return?
- An inspiring and musical environment
- A young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers;
- A salary befitting your experience (range 62K-92K annually)
- Health care coverage
- And other favorable secondary working conditions.
Are you positively bursting with excitement? Head over to the website and apply by using this link to send in your resume and cover letter. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Brando, Cat Dealers, Eelke Kleijn, Ferry Corsten, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Tensnake and more.