Armada Music is a music company that operates on a global scale.
Our aim is to be the best partner for artists in the electronic realm to work with, not only for the distribution and promotion of their music, but also in developing and shaping a solid career. As a brand, we aim to strengthen our position as a top supplier of the best music available in all electronic genres. Since 2003, our founding year, our headquarters are in Amsterdam. We started the U.S. office in 2016 and the U.K. office followed in 2017.
Because of our growth, we are looking to expand our team in the U.K.
We are therefore looking for a Label Manager U.K., who will play a key role in aligning the U.K. activities with the head office in Amsterdam as well as the NYC office.
The main focus of the Label Manager U.K. is to devise a strategic plan for approaching the U.K. market as a music brand and self-sustainable hub for the promotion of dance music. At the same time, the Label Manager will contribute to the creation of promotional plans for singles and albums released by Armada Music. Detailed tasks would include:
Product Development/ Releases
- Coordinate the production, marketing, distribution activities in relation to Armada Music’s releases for U.K.-based/signed artists and labels;
- Maximize key opportunities and create marketing and promotional plans for global priority projects focused on the U.K. territory (and in general);
- Actively manage marketing and media strategy campaigns (i.e. press, television, radio etc.) with our Digital/Marketing departments;
- Liaise with the Amsterdam and New York-based promotions teams in order to align Armada Music’s overall activities;
- Develop, maintain and circulate the label’s U.K.-focused activities;
- Initiate and/or contribute to label/product meetings;
- Coordinate promo schedules, tours and events for the U.K. (together with promo and marketing manager);
- Collect and circulate sales/market data if and when available.
Relationships and Communication
- Work closely with the A&R/digital/promotion and marketing teams in Amsterdam and New York;
- Manage relationships with Amsterdam/New York teams to ensure delivery of marketing and promo strategies for rest of world;
- Maintain contact with DSP partners and keep them updated on campaigns and priorities;
- Manage and maintain relationships with artist management and ensure that they are kept up to date on all aspects of the releases, as well as marketing and promotional activities;
- Provide regular updates to internal stakeholders on releases and campaigns;
- Keep a clear label/release administration.
- Ensure awareness of the market (i.e. popular/dance music), music business developments, products and challenges and apply knowledge appropriately;
- Identify business opportunities such as possible collaboration with labels and artists, acquisitions of catalogs, initiate conversations etc.
- Monitor innovations and possibilities industry-wide, as well as specifically for U.K.
Who is the person we’re looking for?
- You are extremely passionate about electronic dance music;
- You have previously worked within the music industry;
- You have extensive knowledge of dance music, and know all about Armada Music and other labels’ catalogs and artists in the U.K. and beyond;
- You are able to cope with pressure and changing deadlines exceedingly well (you can handle a fast-paced schedule of releases while working on multiple projects at the same time);
- You have excellent (verbal and written) communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- You love working closely with the various departments of the company to get results quickly;
- You are inventive and creative, especially when looking to unlock new release strategies that could benefit a specific product.
What will we offer you in return?
- You will be joining the ranks of a young and dynamic team;
- You will receive a monthly salary befitting your age and experience;
- We offer health care coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions.
Can’t contain your excitement? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to put ‘Label Manager U.K.’ in the e-mail subject. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC:
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Afrojack, Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, Erick Morillo, Fedde Le Grand, Gareth Emery, Kevin Saunderson, Lost Frequencies, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page and W&W.