Armada Music is seeking a new General Manager USA to look after the further expansion of its North American operations. The ideal candidate is a seasoned, well-connected, music-industry-savvy professional who is able to secure continued growth of the company’s business and profile in general in the territories. We are looking to enhance Armada Music’s presence on the ground, build out the local artist roster and sustainably expand the performance of the Armada repertoire across all relevant platforms in the States.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING (EXACTLY)?
- You’ll oversee the strategic direction and day-to-day affairs of Armada Music’s operations in the United States with a focus on growth, general label revenue streams and all other commercial opportunities;
- You’ll work with the executive team on financial and strategic planning and facilitate the process to meet the projected goals;
- You’ll hire, manage and inspire Armada Music’s U.S. staff;
- You’ll build, maintain and develop industry relationships with new and existing business partners;
- You’ll bolster Armada Music’s profile across the United States, both within and beyond its music industry;
- You’ll project sales and oversee budgets across A&R, marketing, promotion and radio;
- You’ll identify, pursue and cultivate various (new) business opportunities, such as collaborations with artists and/or labels, catalog acquisitions etc.;
- You’ll work in close relationship with the other offices of Armada Music in Amsterdam and London;
WHO IS THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
- You’ve gained relevant experience in a similar role in the music, entertainment, and/or media industry;
- You have at least 8 years of music industry experience;
- You have a strong understanding of the music value chain as well as in-depth knowledge of the music business and relevant/popular artists in the electronic music market;
- You are well connected and currently maintaining strong relationships within the electronic music market;
- You are extremely passionate about electronic dance music;
- You have mastered the art of strategic thinking and are able to put actionable plans into place to meet the aims of the organization;
- You have a proven track record of business development;
- You have excellent (verbal and written) communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
ABOUT ARMADA MUSIC
- Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Brando, Cat Dealers, Eelke Kleijn, Ferry Corsten, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Tensnake and more.
WHAT WILL WE OFFER YOU IN RETURN?
At Armada Music, you’ll be pursuing your passion on an international scale. Calling an inspiring and musical environment home, you’ll bump fists with a young and dynamic team of skilled coworkers, both during office hours and at the Friday afternoon drinks. We also offer a monthly salary befitting your age and experience (range of 140K-200K on yearly base), a Health Care coverage and other favorable secondary working conditions.
Please keep in mind that this position is at our office in New York. Therefore, we prefer applicants who live in or around this beautiful city with a reasonable travel distance to our office.
Does this sound like your dream job? Click on https://jobs.armadamusic.com/general-manager/en/apply and send us your resume and cover letter. We’re looking forward to meeting you!