Do you recognize amazing talent from afar and have a keen ear for potential hit songs?
Do you feel right at home in the dance music world and are you always working hard to maintain and expand your network? Do you know what makes or breaks a record? Then you’re the one we’re looking for!
We’re currently hiring a full-time (40 hours per week) A&R Manager.
Our new will be part of Armada Music’s A&R team based in Amsterdam. He or she has an expansive network within the (dance) music industry and knows how to use it.
What will you be doing?
- You will scout and sign talented artists making waves on a global scale
- You will maintain existing relationships with artists and nurture/develop your own acts;
- You will actively search for artists, writers, producers, toplines, remixers and other specialized talent able to contribute or add to the quality of our releases and our repertoire;
- You will match the right people by making perfect use of your connections within the music industry;
- You will visit performances, showcases, club nights and similar events to discover new talent and maintain existing relationships;
- You will chase information and details to pass on to our Legal department;
- You will create and oversee release plans made in tandem with the assigned Product Manager (and the PR, Creative and Digital teams);
- You will use your knowledge of dance music to help releases realize their potential;
- You will assist the Product team in developing marketing assets, strategies, marketing plans and campaigns.
Who are we looking for?
- You are extremely passionate about dance music;
- You have at least three to five years of qualifying work experience in a similar role;
- You know all there is to know about dance music and Armada Music, and you are extremely knowledgeable about the discographies of relevant artists and catalogs from many other labels worldwide
- You know all about the main music distribution partners (from physical distribution to digital distribution and streaming);
- You know how record labels operate, especially in terms of product marketing, business occasions, A&R administration and more;
- You’re able to cope with pressure and changing deadlines extremely well; you’re able to keep your head straight while working on multiple projects at the same time;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, in speaking and writing, and you’re the boss when it comes to negotiating deals;
- You love working in tandem with all of the company’s different departments to get results fast;
- You have a broad musical taste and are well-known with dance music’s many different sub genres;
- You are resourceful, creative and you live and breathe dance music.
What will you get in return?
- You will be joining the ranks of a young and dynamic team;
- You will receive a monthly salary befitting your age and experience;
- We offer favorable secondary working conditions, including 25 days off (per year) and an appealing pension scheme;
- And if that doesn’t convince you, know that we’ve got our own in-office club for our wild office parties and Friday afternoon drinks, a gym open to anyone who wants to blow off some steam after (or before) working hours and colleagues so fun you probably don’t even want to head back home at the end of the day. And lest we forget, we’re stocked up on an enormous amount of the music you love.
Can’t contain your excitement? Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Make sure to put ‘A&R Manager Amsterdam’ in the e-mail subject. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
About ARMADA MUSIC:
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands (HQ), London and New York (satellite offices). Founded in 2003, Armada Music represents labels and artists across the electronic music spectrum, including Afrojack, Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, Erick Morillo, Fedde Le Grand, Gareth Emery, Kevin Saunderson, Lost Frequencies, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page and W&W.